Your top 5 favorite vocalists.

1) Mikael Akefeldt (of course)
2)Dan Swano (of course)
3)Roger Waters (pink floyd, he's not actually a great singer, I just like his style)
4)Maynard James Keenan
5)James Euringer a.k.a Jimmy Urine (the ODDEST vocal style ever conceived)

blackspirit, what about Kalle Johansson, the guy from Embraced?

(i heard that amorous anathema's being rereleased in august... do you know anything about it?)

well, i cant pick just 5...i will just put some of my favs off the top of my head:

Garm
Dan Swano
Mikael A.
Speed Strid
Warrel Dane
peter t.
johan liiva
anders friden
joacim cannes (mispelled?)
etc.

Mmmmmm, in no order

Mikael Å
Kurt Cobain (flame me all you want [:)])
The guy from My Dying Bride
Vintersorg
The guy from Acid Bath (Yax sth)
YAROSLAV A. BURAKOFF, I Can't believe I forgot him, he is my absoultute favorite, forgive me Yarie

(It's sad I don't know my favorite vocalists names, but it's not about the names it's about the music \m/(+_+)\m/

Akerfeldt (best growls, amazing clean vocals)
Maynard J Keenan (Tool; truly unique vocal style)
Aaron Stainthorpe (MDB; can growl, scream and sing perfectly well)
can't quite decide on the other ones

Originally posted by saturnix
blackspirit, what about Kalle Johansson, the guy from Embraced?

(i heard that amorous anathema's being rereleased in august... do you know anything about it?)

He's got an amazing voice! :eek:) I dunno... I guess he's
not on the list cause the band is no longer together :eek:(
And, I don't think I've heard his clean vox? But hell,
does it matter, with a scream like his? >:eek:)

Is Amorous Anathema being re-released?! Where did
you hear that?!!!! WHOOOH! This made me happy!
I'll have to do some searching now! Thankies!
*MUST FIND NEWS*!!! >:eek:) hehe...

1. Mikael Akerfeldt - Opeth
2. Maynard James Keenan - Tool
3. Jonas Renske - Katatonia
4. Eddie Vedder - Pearl Jam
5. Jim Morrison - The Doors

Honorable Mention to Tori Amos.

male:
Garm
Dan Swano
Vortex
Vintersorg
Mike Akerfeld

female:
Marta
Angela
Cadaveria
Rachel
Sabina

1: Marvin Gaye!!!!!!!!!!! Without a doubt the singer with the best voice in history if you ask me!!!!!! He's not a great singer in the way that he doesn't have a massive vocal range. When he tries to hit high notes it can sound a little "choked" if I can put it that way. When he sings in "controlled" ranges his voice is gold and gives me chills! Songs like this can be songs like "What's going on", "Mercy mercy me (the ecology)" and "Life is for learning". Besides all being superb songs (and the first two fantastic songs) his voice is fantastic on these tracks! Try and download them and let me know what you think! Too bad he's dead now. :cry: He was shot by his dad in 1984
2: Ronald Isley of The Isley Brothers. Very smooth and "delicious" voice! Their 70's stuff is great (although it started to get worse in the late 70's) and his voice is just a bonus to their great music. Their record "Live it up" from '74 is among the 3 best record I have!
3: Jeff Buckley. I have both "Grace" and "Sketches for my sweetheart the drunk", but have grown tired of them both. I still think he's a great singer though. Try checking out songs like "Grace" and "Everybody here wants you". They're my two favorite songs of his. A lot of people see him like a kind of Messias to rock music and when I liked him the most his record "Grace" achieved superb status (which is the highest status a record can get!). He's dead too. :cry: Drowned in a river in '97, I think.
4: Peter Steele from Type O Negative. Like Marvin Gaye his voice can sound a little "choked" when he tries to hit high notes, but when he sings with his deep, deep dark voice it's superb. Songs like this is "Black no. 1", "White slavery", "Bloody kisses (a death in the family", "Summer breeze" and many more. This deep voice gives the dark music an extra shot of spooky mood!
5: Hhhmmm. I think I'll just list the singers I think that sing great. Bruce Dickinson. Even though he's not a fantastic singer I think he's the best singer in metal. Mikael Åkerfeldt. His singing has improved a lot over the years and also among the best singers in metal (but much does that say?). Chris Cornell. One of the best singers in rock! A song like Soundgarden's "4th of July" is extremely dirty, but at the same time beatiful! I'll maybe say Glen Danzig. Although I don't think he's a fantastic singer either, he's among the best singers in hard rock! I'll maybe also say Tom Jones. I've only heard 2-3 songs he's done that I liked, but I think he sings okay.
When it comes to female singers the list looks like this:
1: Minnie Riperton. 6 octave vocal range!!!!
2: Suzi Jane Hokom. Her voice on "Lady bird" and "Summer wine" with Virgil Warner is absolutely fantastic!!!!!! The earlier stuff I've heard by her (2-3 songs) wasn't that good though. Evolution I think!
3: Annika from the Gathering
4: Kari Rueslåten. Formerly of The 3rd and The Mortal.