Your top 6 metal albums

You have tastes I really do not understand.

Most of them are pretty straight forward, I like emotional music and I like listening to things that are a bit different. Hetfield's lyrics are disturbing and the way he sings with that wobbly pitch feels like he is not truely there and something inside of him is manipulating his voice. The raw nature of St. Anger, the obnoxious, yet drilling snare drum which hammers your skull and the relentless riffs which wear away at you make it a very powerful album.

Most of them are pretty straight forward, I like emotional music and I like listening to things that are a bit different. Hetfield's lyrics are disturbing and the way he sings with that wobbly pitch feels like he is not truely there and something inside of him is manipulating his voice. The raw nature of St. Anger, the obnoxious, yet drilling snare drum which hammers your skull and the relentless riffs which wear away at you make it a very powerful album.

I've understood and in something I agree with you.

Thrash Metal albums (not in order):
Voivod - Killing Technology
Testament - The New Order
Anthrax - Spreading The Disease
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Sepultura - Beneath The Remains

My favorites at the moment:

1. Symphony X - Paradise Lost
2. Children of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll
3. In Flames - The Jester Race
4. Trivium - Ascendancy
5. Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine
6. Into Eternity - Dead Or Dreaming

Usually with albums my favorites change pretty frequently, depending on what I listen to the most on some days, but I have a feeling Paradise Lost is gonna be on top for a while :worship:

That is exactly why I like the album, good job, the lyrics and the instrumentation to back it up is perfect and is exactly the reason why I love St. Anger so much!!

Thank for the replies folks, keep 'em coming.

An updated list of my latest top 6:

Symphony X - Paradise Lost

Paradise Lost - In Requiem

Lump - Choose Your Weapon

Divine Heresy - Bleed The Fifth

Nile - Ithyphallic

Devildriver - the Last Kind Words

Top 6 at the moment
6. Pale Divine - Cemetary Earth
5. Reverend Bizarre - III: So Long Suckers
4. Centurions Ghost - The Great Work
3. Be'lakor - The Frail Tide
2. Middian - Age Eternal
1. Neurosis - Given to the Rising

Top 6 at the moment
6. Pale Divine - Cemetary Earth
5. Reverend Bizarre - III: So Long Suckers
4. Centurions Ghost - The Great Work
3. Be'lakor - The Frail Tide
2. Middian - Age Eternal
1. Neurosis - Given to the Rising

The Frail Tide is utter brilliance and I am a massive Reverend Bizarre fan. Out of curiosity where did you hear of Be'lakor?

^I read a review of The Frail Tide and decided to check out their myspace for samples. I was pretty much sold after I heard the first two minutes of "A Natural Apostasy". I really like the Piano Instrumental "Paths" too.

I guess I'll do the top 6 of this year so far:

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
Devildriver - The Last Kind Words
Behemoth - The Apostasy
Machine Head - The Blackening
Immolation - Shadows in the Light
Dark Tranquillity - Fiction

6. With Oden On Our Side - Amon Amarth
5. Twilight of the Idols - Gorgoroth
4. Obscura - Gorguts
3. Gargling With Infected Semen - Amputated
2. Gore Obsessed - Cannibal Corpse
1. In The Nightside Ecilpse - Emperor

At the moment my top 6 metal albums are:
1.Agalloch-The Mantle
2.Woods Of Ypres-Against The Seasons: Cold Winter Songs From The Dead Summer Heat
3.Symphony X-Paradise Lost
4.Novembre-Materia
5.Moonsorrow-Suden Uni
6.Norther-Dreams Of Endless War

At the moment:
Gojira - From Mars To Sirius
Agalloch - The Mantle
Thurisaz - Circadian Rhythm
Amorphis - Silent Waters
Dimmu Borgir - In Sorte Diaboli
Norther - Til' Death Unites Us