You're into metal since.....

I can't quite remember, I've been listening rock music and metal (hair metal to be more specific) since I was a kid but I never took the music too seriously. I've been an active metal listener for about 3 years now with bands like Metallica, Anthrax, Atrocity among others.

My 29 year old brother listened to alot of Motley Crue and such so i was exposed to that and listened back in the 80s.

Im 21 myself and have been into metal since about 96 starting with alot of Slayer and Sepultura.

I'm 25. I have been in metal since the age of 15, when I discovered a band named... Guns N' Roses :)

Then I became a fan of Metallica - Megadeth - Sepultura - Slayer - Death - Cynic - In Flames - Soilwork... and many, many others of course (I'm still browsing the internet, in search of good metal bands, and I discovered Construcdead - Hatelight - Dimension Zero - etc).

cynic fr... your story sounds a lot like mine... im 22... i was 12... i was in love with guns n roses... i was just starting guitar... then i got into metallica, megadeth, slayer, etc.... then someone turned me onto amorphis (thanks tony!)... then the "scandanavian invasion" came on full swing in the US and ive been all about in flames, dark tranquility, etc. ever since.

i loved Metallica's 'One' when i was growing up and that had come out, but had no idea of the different kinds of music, and therefore wasn't really interested in metal, for i was maybe 8, or 9. but in ninth greade my friend showed me Kill 'em All and i thought it was the best thing i had ever heard in my life, and a few months later i had all the metallica albums and picked up a guitar. that was a little over 4 years ago. now, i can't get enough metal. :)

Well, thanks to my older brother, I always listened Rock stuff (from Green Day, Nirvana to Queen) when I was at home, but I wasn't really concious about that, so I listened much BULLSHIT when I was in Elemantary School. Well, things started to change when I first heard the machine gun like Drum parts in Metallica's One - summer 98, when my little brother had a tape copy of my older brother's CD (and justice for all)..Well, then I heard Korn, and met some freaky guy in the Karate club (2000) told me more bout metal and all that "evil" stuff...
2001, finally,finally, I got my Internet connection, I went into metal forums, used audiogalaxy :D
My first Metal Albums (summer 2001) were Sepultura's Nation and Arise - then one thing lead to another :)

Since 1983 when I was FOUR years old!!! My mom's friend played me Institutionalized by Suicidal Tendencies and I loved it! Bought my first metal album in 1985, Twisted Sister's Come Out and Play. Listened to rap for a few years but then seeing Metallica on MTV in 1991 brought me full circle back to metal, headbanging ever since.
:headbang:

Originally posted by Soilent Goat
Yes, if you're also as proud of your homosexuality as COF is.

I've got nothing against Cradle fans but that was just funny. :lol:

Hmm...I'll say upwards around 3 years....I'm still young:p

i'm 17, and have been into metal since late 1997, when Metallica's ReLoad came out. it wasn't till around a year later when i really started to get into Metallica (had reload for about a year until i got the black album for christmas 98), Soundgarden, KoRn (yea, yea), and RATM.