You're into metal since.....

the summer of 1993.............but i did like metallica before than.......but 1993 is when this fucking addiction started

but EVERYONE liked Guns in 1988 yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I can't believe how many n00b metalheads are around here! You'd not know that based on the way some of you talk! :lol:

But I guess that's better for metal's future, so good to see you've found the right way to listen to music...

As for me, I was gifted AC/DC's 'Back In Black' on cassette in 1980 when I was 7 years old. Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Dokken & Ratt soon gave way to Iron Maiden & Judas Priest, which in turn led me to Metallica, Anthrax, Exodus, Testament, Metal Church, Megadeth and more, and then I discovered the underground. It's all been downhill (as far as my bank account is concerned) from there.

I guess it depends on what you define metal. I've been listening to hard rock since I can remember (Rainbow, Ozzy), but I would say that hearing Maiden around 87, when I was 13, started it all.

Well for me it was in the mid 80's. I was like 6 years old I guess. My brother listened to metal and I got into it. I think my first album I got was Ride the Lighting. I used to ride my bike to school with a jambox in my back pack blasting that shit. Dangerous Toys was another Album I got. Cant remember when it came out but I love it still.

I have been into metal for about 3 years but I'm only 16 so that isn't bad. I didn't really get into true metal i suppose until about a year ago. I was into Korn, Metallica, Tool, Megadeth and a lot of bands from the grunge scene but never got into death metal or black metal until about a year ago.