1/21 Jaxx show... who'll be there?

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
... looks like I will be.

Opeth for me.

My Finnish girl will be in the country visiting me and she loves Opeth (has the O tattoo) and Paradise Lost...

... and another friend on mine who loves Lacuna Coil and owns a car.

ROAD TRIP!... depending on whether I can get that Tues off and my friend driving (10 hours each way) can get Tues and Wed off.

So, how's Jaxx?

Haven't been to JAxx before, but looking forward to the show.

My wife and I will both be there, coming from Raleigh/Wake Forest, NC. NExt step, gotta hunt for a bed and breakfast nearby...

I might go.

I've been there a couple times before, it's a cool place. Get to the show early though or you'll end up parking at the strip mall across the road.

I'll be there, just like I am nearly every week. :lol:

Jaxx is a shithole, but every metal tour stops there, so I won't complain too much. It's hidden in a strip mall behind a gas station with little to no parking, as BiatchGuy said. The plus side of it being a small club though is that you can stand a foot away from the stage and hang out with the bands afterward.

I might make that show... As usual, it comes down to money and whether or not I think my car can handle 12-13 hours of driving (6 or so both ways), heh heh... Getting off work wouldn't be a problem, though... I've got just over 3 weeks to make something happen... (I dread the drive, though... ack!)

I'll be flying in for the Jaxx show Jim, and I'm willing to distract your girlfriend while you handle Michelle. ;)

Originally posted by Jim LotFP
Better bring that dancing banana then.

I have a personality too you know? But do me a favor and try to appear friendlier, I was too scared to say hello at ProgPower. :p

God damn all you people driving from so far away to goto Jaxx. That's our fucking club, leave it alone! :lol:

I'll be there, and it looks like I better order my tickets soon.

And don't listen to Lina, Jaxx is not a shithole by any means. I've seen MUCH worse, specifically in Baltimore...

Originally posted by Izzy Junior
And don't listen to Lina, Jaxx is not a shithole by any means. I've seen MUCH worse, specifically in Baltimore...
Dude, the decoration consists of neon construction paper cut-outs of the hair bands that have played. :lol: Classy!

Originally posted by Lina
Dude, the decoration consists of neon construction paper cut-outs of the hair bands that have played. :lol: Classy!

So let's see.

Who will be there? Brave and Lacuna Coil who have yummy singers. I'll be with a couple girls, one of whom I'm quite fond of and the other I've had my share of fun with as well. Hell, you'll be there.

And I'm supposed to care what's on the walls?

Ohhhhhh no, don't think that'll be a problem.

What's the sound like in the place though?

Originally posted by Jim LotFP
So let's see.

Who will be there? Brave and Lacuna Coil who have yummy singers. I'll be with a couple girls, one of whom I'm quite fond of and the other I've had my share of fun with as well. Hell, you'll be there.

And I'm supposed to care what's on the walls?

Ohhhhhh no, don't think that'll be a problem.

What's the sound like in the place though?
:lol: Gotcha.

As for the sound, hate to say this, but it seems to vary from show to show, probably depending on the roadies (?). When Opeth came through with Nevermore, the sound was fantastic, but a month later with Amorphis it sucked. You could barely hear the guitars. I'm not expert, but for a small club though, I'd say the sound is legit.

And out of curiosity, did you recognize any of us at PP? :)

Originally posted by Lina
And out of curiosity, did you recognize any of us at PP?

I can be quite the inattentive person. I have to know who I'm looking for ahead of time, especially at a place like PP where I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off, 3784638 people are talking to me, and I'm trying to talk to all the industry people there that I hadn't seen in a year or more.

Hard to look for you if I didn't know you were showing. :)

The only surprises for me at PPUSA then were the girls at the IOA table, that tall Danish woman walking around, and especially the Elf-Ears girl.

Damn, cold weather does interesting things to me, doesn't it? These answers would have a much different focus in June-Aug instead of Nov-Jan. hah.

Originally posted by Izzy Junior

the Recher isn't that bad.. I saw Slayer there, that rocked! and Corrosion Of Conformity, too.

never been to the Ottobar. that's about the only other place where metal bands come, when they very very rarely stop by Baltimore..

Damn you VA for getting all the good shows :mad: ;)