10 best bands ever.

I just had to comment on this post. I know you said these were your opinions, which I do respect, BUT, you need some guidance here.

#1 - you cannot spell.

Iron Maiden are not "rock", so to speak, as you categorize them, they are "Heavy Metal". I mean, all Metal is a type of Rock, but since we're breaking it down here we needed to get that straight. Do some research on the NWOBHM.

Pantera are certainly not hardcore. If you said Biohazard, or Hatebreed, or even the CroMags(punk), I would be happy.

Exhumed- Gore- Have you ever heard of Cannibal Corpse?? This is a heads up, if you haven't, do so.

Burzum - Keyboard Metal??? What in the HELL is "Keyboard Metal"???

Killing Joke - Indie, I didn't know "Indie" was a new subgenre of Heavy Metal??

Sepultura - Tribal Metal??? I know their last couple albums have had the occasional bit of South American Aboriginal spice thrown in but "Tribal Metal??

Misfits - Punk - the Misfits with Glenn Danzig are in the "Punk" Category; there has been a new subgenre created for the post Danzig Misfits -it is titled simply - "Doo Doo"

Marduk - Wall of Noise????? I don't know what to say. I'm speechless.

METALLICA- I saved this important one for last. Metallica used to be Metal, now they are NU Metal, Metallimoneywhore, greedy, say one thing and do another, let your REAL fans down when you didn't have to, come back and go on tour with Limp Bisquick and Linkin Park, untrue poser Metal.

Maybe I am just getting old but WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE????

THERE IS STILL HOPE FOR YOU SON. GO DIRECTLY TO YOUR LOCAL RECORD SHOP AND PURCHASE THE FOLLOWING:

Any Pantera album
"Vile" and "Tomb of the Mutilated" - Cannibal Corpse
"Beneath the Remains" and "Arise" - Sepultura
"In the Nightside Eclipse" and "Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk" - Emperor
"Pure Holocaust" and "Damned in Black" - Immortal
"Urban Discipline" - Biohazard

**VERY IMPORTANT: BUY ALL the albums, YES ALL THE ALBUMS by the following bands:
Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden. THESE ARE VERY IMPORTANT! They are all not great, but you'll figure it out. We'll discuss this in more detail later.

EVEN MORE IMPORTANT:
Buy and keep "Kill 'Em All", "Ride the Lightning", "Master of Puppets", ".....And Justice for All" - Metallica
Buy all other Metallica albums, including the NU St. Anger, do not pass go, do not collect $200, place them all in a large metal container, coat generously with gasoline, add one lighted match. If you want to keep the "Black" album I understand. Just please keep it where no one can see it. The "Black" album is like fat chicks and mopeds; their all fun until your friends see you with them.

OH, remember how I told you to buy ALL the albums by Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden??? WELL, while the fire is still burning sift through all these albums, check liner notes, specifically under "VOCALS". Check for the following names: Tony Martin, Glenn Hughes, Blaze Bayley, "Ripper" Owens. When you find any of these albums
promptly add them to the fire. Actually, a better idea is, refrain from adding them to the fire. Take them to your local pawn shop and hock them. THEN take the money you made back to the record shop and BUY THE FOLLOWING ALBUMS: "Welcome to Hell", "Black Metal", "At War With Satan" - all by Venom. NOW, go back to your fire and listen to your new Venom albums on 11 while the fire burns. This will put you on the road to recovery and give you one helluva start to a kick as music collection.

My work here is done, the Metal Gods have spoken.

Ripper isn't that bad, and good thing you didn't bash Halford, and even better that you have him on your avatar, or i wouldn't wanna be you when i replied.
@the rest of the bands you mentioned: i couldn't care less, let them burn :)

So many of these "top 10" lists to respond to tonight, here goes this one:

1) Opeth
2) Symphony X
3) Nevermore
4) Death
5) Nightwish
6) Fear Factory
7) In Flames pre-Clayman
8) Children of bodom
9) Dream theater
10) Every band not mentioned here that I listen to :D