10 favorite christian songs?

Shimrra

Sep 19, 2007
So, I was wondering what kind of stuff you guys listen to other than theocracy, and seeing as I don't care much for non-christian music, lets see what kind of songs that honor god you guys listen to :headbang:

For me, in no particular order:

You may have noticed that I listen to a lot of styles. When I stopped listening to secular music, I couldn't find enough christian metal bands I liked, so I started listening to whatever group I happened to like, and to heck with the music style. Which is why I even listen to some rap :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's legal would you mind uploading all of these to rapidshare in one zipped file, I'd be very grateful, then we could listen to it at once, I'm having issues liking youtube while Winamp plays in the background :p

and two songs that come to mind at the top of my head would be Extol - Undeceived and Immortal Souls - Man Of Sorrow (I highly recommend the latter to EVERYONE, since most already know the former :D)

HB are awesome. I like them more than their secular counterparts (Nightwish, Within Temptation, etc.).

Edit: Oh, and sorry, uploading copyrighted music is illegal in Switzerland, even though oddly downloading it and sharing it with close friends and family isn't.

Edit 2: I love that song by Immortal Souls, it's one of the few songs I like by them.

Theocracy - Mirror of Souls
HB - Is it Time? (love it)
Red - Already Over
Red - Never be the Same
Disciple - Things left unsaid
Seventh Day Slumber - I know
Relient K - Be my Escape
Relient K - Which to bury, us or the hatchet
Disciple - Game on
Skillet - Awake and Alive

HB is my new fav band (not as much as Theocracy though). I love Is It Time? And God as all Glory.

Wow, that´s a tough one. I´ll leave out Theocracy, cause i couldn´t decide between mirror of souls and laying the demon to rest anyway ;-)

The songs are in no particular order. And it was really hard to pick out ten...so it´s definetely an uncomplete list ! Also not all songs are "honoring god", but at least the artists are christian.

3. (If it would´ve been a Top Ten List of favourite christian METAL songs, this would definetely be my Number One !!!

4. Keith Green : The Prodigal Son Suite (It´s not the original video, but this guy plays an unbelievable cover version, and he even looks and sounds like Keith Green...)

5. Everybodyduck : (I love the bands lyrics!)

6. (This Video still gives me goosebumps)

9. (they are such a great live band - and if you love U2 like i do, you have to love them *g*)

10. (Saw this guy at Greenbelt anywhere in the 90´s...and i still love this song)

I think the mixture shows, that i´m not the youngest forum member here ;-)

Yeah, I really like Delirious? as well. I prefer the song History Maker though. I don't know what it's like in germany, but the Songs History Maker by Delirious? and One Way by Hillsong United are the "classic" party songs for Youth worship services here in Switzerland :D

Besides Theocracy (can't decide on the favorite song) here are some of my favorite songs - there are so many more...

Saviour Machine - American Babylon was already mentioned by TomBombadil :headbang:
So I'll post another favorite song of theirs, taken from the Legend series which deals with the end of the world - The Promise:

Bloodgood - Out of the darkness
One of many songs I love - can't decide for a single favorite one

Michael W. Smith - Freedom
Freedom is an awesome instrumental album and one of my alltime favorite albums! Turn up the volume and close your eyes...

Casting Crowns - East to West
Great music, great lyrics, great band

HB - The Love Song

One Bad Pig - Looney Tune
:D

Petra - Mine Field
A song from my favorite Petra album "On Fire!"

Seventh Avenue - Storm II
A great instrumental by the german metal band Seventh Avenue

Third Day - Thief

@ Tom_Bombadil
Yeah, Everybodyduck have great lyrics!
Still know how to groove is my favorite song of theirs!

Nice Songs ;-)

I was thinking about "Out of the darkness", too, but i wanted to mix it up and not make a top10 metal-list. That´s also the reason why i didn´t have a Seventh Avenue song on my list...

I also realle LOVE never say goodbye. I even still play the song live with my band, even we are far away from a rock or metal band ;-)

On Fire is really one of the best Petra albums. But i also love all the other albums they recorded with the Elephante-Brothers. After that there were some real BAD albums full of we-wannabe-alternative-crap, before they recorded a real great farewell album...

My favourite Casting Crowns Song is Lifesong (like i said before, i love U2 and Lifesong has a big U2 Influence...).

And wow : One Bad Pig. I used to listen to them a lot when i was young and i always loved looney tune. And of course Godarchy !!!

And my favourite Third Day song always was Love Song.

But anyway : Nice Collection of songs !!!

Wow, hard choice. BTW, I love Saviour Machine and Keith Green (totally different types of music). I would have an easier time if I was asked to pick from strictly metal songs.

I'm going to pick a few more than ten, and these are only Christian songs with powerful lyrics. I could pick a lot of other songs that I enjoy by Christian artists, but don't necessarily have lyrics relating to God. But anyway, here I go, in no real order:

Theocracy - Martyr (actually, this could be replaced with quite a few of their songs)
Ballydowse - The Land The Bread and The People (obscure and awesome celtic punk band, this song has some of the most moving lyrics I've ever heard)
Brave Saint Saturn - Heart Still Beats
Becoming The Archetype - End of the Age (probably lyrically the best Christian Death Metal song I've ever heard, even better than Undeceived which is awesome too)
Blindside - Pitiful (I've gotta get out of the B's!)
Jars of Clay - Oh My God (Jars of Clay is probably the only CCM band that I enjoy)
Keith Green - Here am I send me
Pedro the Lion - Criticism as Inspiration
Showbread - Matthias Replaces Judas
Sixteen Horsepower - Sinnerman (I like Black Soul Choir too)
Stavesacre - Gold and Silver (I could have picked from a lot of these guys' songs)
Stephen Delopoulos - She Held My Hand
The OC Supertones - Wilderness
Training for Utopia - Singlehanded Attempt at Revolution (couldn't find it online, but this is probably the most in your face Christian metal song I've ever heard TFU was so much better than Demon Hunter)
The Vicars - Every Word You Said (this was a fairly local Ska band that never got discovered, they were great)
Woven Hand - Consecration

Those are just the ones I could think of off the top of my head as I scrolled down my media library, I'm probably missing a ton.

hm... I'd have to say:

1- Absolution Day- Theocracy :worship:
2- Martyr- Theocracy
3- Till The Walls Fall Down- Thieves and Liars
4- Laying The Demon To Rest- Theocracy
5- After The World- Disciple
6- Regime Change- Disciple
7- Hero- Skillet
8- Mirror of Souls- Theocracy
9- Fading- Decypher Down:)
:

dont really have time to list all of my favorites right now, but I can't believe that

hasn't been mentioned yet

oh nvm... here are the vids:

:OMG::OMG::headbang::headbang::worship:notworthy hope you liked them

Hello Guys,
Just to let you know, I will not specify any Theocracy song on my list but of course songs like: Mirror of Souls, Theocracy, Absolution Day, Laying the demon to rest, Sinner and many others are/should in this list.

Here we go, they are not in any special/particular order:

Seventh Avenue:
Futures Dawn
Infinite King

Petra:
Creed
Enter in

WhiteCross:
Take it to the limit
Walk with me

Kutless:
Grace and Love

Michael W. Smith (he will be in my country the next December):
Secret Ambition

Michael Sweet:
Someday

DC Talk:
In the light

Here it is my list. I wish the number ten were bigger to specify more songs that definitely deserve to be in this list.