2 ORPHEUS songs online - (Ermz/ Plec)

A lot of dedication went into this by everyone involved. I personally am stoked on the drum sound Ermz managed to cook up here and the guitars do carry the music although it wasn't the most optimal solution apparently.

But I guess there's were the real talent comes into play though. Making something work really well on a tight dead-line. Having an infinite amount of time on your hands to make something great isn't that hard after all. :)

You fucking love the synths on the second song.

Fuckin A!!!
They beat the shit out of the synths from the EP :lol:

I can only see one negative to this mix; that the band won't have it when they play live too.
Something needs to be done differently live because Chris' vocals sound really dry and almost grating (in a brutal way) but it makes them feel really disjointed from the rest of the band.

Glad you're digging it, Dan.

@lolzgreg: It does tighten the lows somewhat, and gives the gain/response of the amp something I tend to like. The only drawback for me was that mid hump, and my TS is fairly 'clean' by TS standards too, so go figure...

@Greg - I think the TS is important to get that squish right, but what you said about the power amp I definitely agree man! It's a very unique amp, that's why I love it!

@Josh - the amp is actually fine for this, what we ended up with was a fraction of the tone we pulled, so yeah to a degree it's disappointing. But I'm still much happier than some of the tones we Got trialling a 5150. We aimed for a different tone, one that isn't the norm, and I think for the most part it worked.

OHHH! for Australians on here in melbourne!!! ORPHEUS will be on musically incorrect, RRR 102.7FM Monday night 12am. There will be 1 more new song released then, but only for that night!
So TUNE in!!

My only real complaint with this is that it's really squashed. Loud masters have been making my brain really hurt as of late. Aside from that, this sounds monumental. \m/
Good job to all involved. Love the snare.

Edit: These synth sounds are pure entertainment too. The synth for main melody of Unscathed sounds like it's TALKING.

It's actually not a loud master at all. Probably the quietest Plec has done for me, from memory. Any compression artifacts or whatnot you're hearing are likely from the mix. I compressed in stages.... heavily.

OHHH! for Australians on here in melbourne!!! ORPHEUS will be on musically incorrect, RRR 102.7FM Monday night 12am. There will be 1 more new song released then, but only for that night!
So TUNE in!!
Awesome!! :D

My only real complaint with this is that it's really squashed. Loud masters have been making my brain really hurt as of late. Aside from that, this sounds monumental. m/
Good job to all involved. Love the snare.

Edit: These synth sounds are pure entertainment too. The synth for main melody of Unscathed sounds like it's TALKING.
As Ermz pointed out, this isn't that loud at all. But the trend is to think everything above 0VU is loud these days, so whatever makes you happy. :kickass:

Ever since finishing this album I've been cranking Dan Swano's 'Moontower' with my rediscovered love for analogue synths (yes, yes I know Swano probably knocked it all up in Cubase). I don't know at what point the two diverged, but the Minimoog never should have left rock music, and electronica should have fused with death metal years ago (see Zyklon's 'Zycloned' for case in point!).

yeah Ermz, I fucking LOVE THIS. Considering what you had to work with GTR wise, I tip my hat to you, sir! As Plec stated, to make them not only 'work' but 'work amazingly well', ONL A DEADLINE, is where true talent shines.

bravo Ermin.... now, i will pull the songs back up and relish in their analogue glory. i always know when im hearing it because it KEEPS ME LISTENINGGGGG orrrr purely enjoying it in a more 'playing in the background' manner...

We used a rad and epic pricey bit of software called Nexus! It's got libraries and libraries of sound, but we had to make do with the standard library I believe. And it came out sick :)

this sounds so fucking good, especially the drums,
i wish i had some samplkesof these :lol:
like the music too.

cheers
S.