2007 - the best albums

Finntroll - Ur Jordens Djup
Dark Tranquillity - Fiction
Devin Townsend - Ziltoid the Omniscient
Opeth - The Roundhouse Tapes
Symphony X - Paradise Lost
Amorphis - Silent Waters

I really liked Kamelot's 'Ghost Opera' at first, but now I think it had no real staying power. =\

Still waiting on the new Primordial to arrive. So, at this point: 1) Nest-Trails of the Unwary. 2) Ulver-Shadows of the Sun.3) Shining-V Halmstad. 4) Wolves in the Throne Room-Two Hunters. 5) Neurosis-Given to the Rising.

add:
Amorphis - Silent Waters
Mokoma - Luihin ja Ytimiin

Just got both recently, and they're killer!

Dodsferd - Fucking Your Creation, Helcaraxe - Triumph and Revenge, Necros Christos - Triune Impurity Rites.

Just recently heard those...I'm still finding some great albums...definetly a great year.

For quite some years I've been hearing/reading about Primordial and now their new album even became album of the month in Aardschok, so I thought, well, let's give it a shot (again). But again I was wondering what all the fuss is about, I found it to be boring and the vocals were, well, not my cup of tea either.

For me the top list for 2007 is:

1. Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
2. Paradise Lost - In Requiem
3. Shining - V: Halmstad
4. Blackfield - Blackfield II
5. Audrey Horne - Le Fol

I think you might like older Primordial better, he uses more of a blackend scream on them. I love it all to be honest...and the new one is so epic. I feel like I'm on a journey.

Amorphis: Silent Waters (one of the most diverse albums I've ever heard, great vocal performance, excellent)
Novembre: The Blue
Ulver: Shadows of The Sun (beautiful, haunting and melancholic, my favorite Ulver album since Bergtatt)
Job For A Cowboy: Genesis (BRUTAL!!!)
Evoken: A Caress Of The Void (Funeral Fucking DOOOOOOM)
Wolves In The Throne Room: Two Hunters

I also thought the new Paradise Lost was much better than any of the last 4 albums they have released and I do like it, but it's not as good as the albums above.

For quite some years I've been hearing/reading about Primordial and now their new album even became album of the month in Aardschok, so I thought, well, let's give it a shot (again). But again I was wondering what all the fuss is about, I found it to be boring and the vocals were, well, not my cup of tea either.

For me the top list for 2007 is:

1. Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
2. Paradise Lost - In Requiem
3. Shining - V: Halmstad
4. Blackfield - Blackfield II
5. Audrey Horne - Le Fol
Great list Tinus! FOABP is a stunning album indeed...although most would argue that but whatever.
Also I'm just getting into Shining. Are you going to see them at France's Hellfest this summer? I'm thinking about it.

I wasn't all that happy with FoaBP. I really like PT, but I just didn't like it for some reason. I'll listen to it a few more times.