2008 Albums

Phoenix5

d3v4s7a710n
May 14, 2005
Nebraska
I've listened to a good share of music this year, but what albums am I missing?

What do you guys recommend the most? Which albums do you think are the most solid?

Hmm, I'll have to try and find it.

So far my favorites are:

Virgin Black - Requiem - Fortissimo
Murder By Death - Red of Tooth and Claw (Not metal, but still awesome)
Warrel Dane - PttWM
Draconian - TSW
Mercenary - Architect of Lies

Architect Of Lies is great. So is Shrouded Divine by In Mourning.

I am still sort of waiting for my most anticipated stuff to come out. It will start with Opeth and Daylight Dies in June. The two that I mentioned were just recommendations that ended up being excellent.

Murder By Death - Red of Tooth and Claw (Not metal, but still awesome)

They were just in my town a few weeks ago opening for Clutch..sold out before I could get tix. :erk:

A guy I work with told me about them and i checked out their myspace page for some samples... I gotta say they aren't too bad.

But is it just me or is "Murder By Death" one of the worst names ever for a band??

They were just in my town a few weeks ago opening for Clutch..sold out before I could get tix. :erk:

A guy I work with told me about them and i checked out their myspace page for some samples... I gotta say they aren't too bad.

But is it just me or is "Murder By Death" one of the worst names ever for a band??

Terrible band name. Makes me think of a crap deathcore band haha.

The Clutch show was actually how I found out about them haha.

So far...Morbosidad, Dead Congregation, Ignivomous ep, Proclamation...there are still many to come out...but metalwise that is the only stuff I could really mention.

The new Virgin Black.

Textures just put their new album up for stream on myspace, which is quite good, and obviously Bloodbath recently spawned some good stuff. Earlier in the year the finnish band Hateform put out a very solid record, if you like face melting stuff like Meshuggah you should like that as well. Also check out Dark Suns, their new album is brilliant and the video is quite entertaining

I think the best are yet to come honestly: Made out of Babies, ISIS, Gojira, Opeth, Daylight Dies, Kayo Dot, Cult of Luna, Agalloch, probably a lot more I am forgetting right now

I have all of the new ones that you mentioned actually and how could I forget Virgin Black! It's my album of the year so far!

1. In Mourning - Shrouded Divine
2. Textures - Silhouettes

Testament is pretty cool, but not super. Same problem I had with "The Gathering", I can hear it's really well done, but it just doesn't really grab me.

I am really pumped up about Skyfire and Thyrfing. I am also hoping that Katatonia releases something this year. They don't update often enough about recording or writing, so it is hard to tell whether it would be possible for them to put something out this year or not.