2009 Music

Yea, I'm just such a sucker for progressive epic metal so it got bumped to #2 this year. Blut Aus Nord's 2nd best of year for me this decade, those guys need to keep it up after this instead of going back to another streak of mediocrity.

Isis - Wavering Radiant (I feel this is right up there with Isis' other work, just haven't been feeling Isis as much lately)

Porcupine Tree - The Incident (I do regard this as a disappointment right now, but will acknowledge that I just haven't been into PT as much lately and haven't given it as much of a chance as I gave FOABP before passing final judgement)

Worst album:
Dream Theater, duh..

i agree with these. wavering radiant is what absence of truth should have been. it isn't as good as panopticon but then again what is as good as panopticon? but yeah overall i really solid release from them.

the PT is still doing a whole lot of nothing for me tho i will admit i really like the blind house. good track on an overall lackluster release.

silver lining is the biggest load of shit. DT really dropped the ball with this crap. i even enjoyed systematic chaos but this is too much.

Got the new AiC threw it in the ol' car disc player, and BAM!! Rock n' roll. Driving cd of the year my friends. Who's with me?
Don't know about that, but it did hit home hard with me yesterday, great fucking album. All Secrets Known, Your Decision, When the Sun Rose Again, Acid Bubble, Lesson Learned, Private Hell, A Looking in View, all awesomeness!

Don't know about that, but it did hit home hard with me yesterday, great fucking album. All Secrets Known, Your Decision, When the Sun Rose Again, Acid Bubble, Lesson Learned, Private Hell, A Looking in View, all awesomeness!

I think Last of My Kind is by far one of the best tracks off the album.

Might agree with Adam about it being very consistent, where the older albums had several songs on it that stood out way above the rest, more than on this album.

agreed.

when the sun rose again, check my brain and a looking in view are my faves so far

cantrell is singing 80% of the album but i have no problems with it :)

Supposedly the heaviest shite he's ever written. Not sure how you get much heavier than some SYL, but if that's the case then I don't care about it.

Btw my bad on the title, it's actually called Deconstruction. It was originally going to be Deconstruction of a Cheeseburger being the nerd that Dev is, but he decided it wasn't sellable enough I guess.

well so far its been a pretty sweet year.

top 10 is looking something like this.

1. The Armed - These Are Lights (surprise of the year, absolutely amazing first effort)
1. He is Legend - It Hates You (huge comeback after such a shitty 2nd album)
1. Converge - Axe To Fall (just jaw dropping good)
1. Dredg - The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion (beautiful)
5. Paramore - Brand New Eyes (unreal vocals, extremely catchy)
6. Thrice - Beggars (really hated the direction but came to love it)
7. Cave In - Planets of Old EP (amazing comeback after all this time)
8. Mastodon - Crack the Skye (straight out of left field for them, plays more like a classic rock album)
9. ISIS - Wavering Radiant (what absence of truth should have been)
10. Drugstore Fanatics - What's Born in the Basement (stumbled across this, huge NIN inspiration, another great first effort)

really cant put those first 4 above each other. way to hard.

should mention these as well
Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings (load of shit)
Porcupine Tree - The Incident (big letdown)
Devin Towsend Project - Ki (really sweet to chill out to)
Russian Circles - Geneva (another great offering but it doesn't grab me like the past 2 did)

still have to look out for these. i assume they will be amazing.
Minus the Bear - ???
Katatonia - Night is the New Day
Between The Buried and Me - The Great Misdirect