2009 Music

Phoenix5

d3v4s7a710n
May 14, 2005
Nebraska
The 2008 thread did pretty well so we'll continue this into 2009.

Recommend albums that have come out this year.

What did you love and what did you not love so much?

Let's get a list rolling!

Hardly anything has come out yet, but there's a lot of good stuff scheduled:

- Katatonia
- Porcupine Tree
- Old Man's Child (let's see.. Vermin was boring at best..)
- Alice in Chains
- Pestilence
- Morbid Angel
- Paradise Lost (recording @ Fascination Street, they say it's gonna be even heavier than In Requiem.. bring it on!! :headbang:)

And probably I've forgotten several..

Hopefully Nevermore

Novembers Doom
Novembre
Nahemah
Ghost Brigade (Stefan?) haha
Clutch
Virgin Black
New Anathema studio possibly?

Isis - Wavering Radiant is out may 5 or something, has adam jones doing some guest guitar work i believe. should be very interesting.

The Lonely Island released there first album called Incredibad. if your into comedy based rap/rnb then check it out. i love it.

Periphery are finally recording there first real album. they tracked the drums already. this could easily be album of the year. followed these guys for so long. amazing band. take a listen to Light on there myspace. http://www.myspace.com/periphery

a new band called Exivious made up of members from textures and cynic has formed. they play fusion metal or somthing. first album is out in may. check out a track on there page. http://www.exivious.net/

pretty sure Dillinger Escape Plan are also working on something. Oh and Between The Buried and Me are recording also. going to be a good year.

I havent heard it yet, but agua de annique/anneke van giersbergen released her accoustic album a week ago.
i really think that one will be on top of my list this year..

Hardly anything has come out yet, but there's a lot of good stuff scheduled:

- Katatonia
- Porcupine Tree
- Old Man's Child (let's see.. Vermin was boring at best..)
- Alice in Chains
- Pestilence
- Morbid Angel
- Paradise Lost (recording @ Fascination Street, they say it's gonna be even heavier than In Requiem.. bring it on!! :headbang:)

And probably I've forgotten several..

Wow, Alice In Chains is writing new material? Interesting.

I liked Vermin, but the new album has drums played by Peter Wildoer and that will be amazing.

Some adds to your list:
Rapture
Slumber
Shining
In Moruning is entering the studio sometime
Insomnium
Skyfire
Myrkgrav
Sleepmakeswaves

I am also interested to hear the new Lacuna Coil.

Wow, Alice In Chains is writing new material? Interesting.
Yeah, they're already recording the album actually, they post video updates from the studio every week, they've been working on it since December or something. And despite the fact that it's gonna be without Layne obviously, I'm still curious and hopeful about the result.
I liked Vermin, but the new album has drums played by Peter Wildoer and that will be amazing.
Vermin did absolutely nothing for me somehow, totally anonymous. But yeah, this new album will be interesting no matter what with Peter behind the kit.
Some adds to your list:
Rapture
Slumber
Shining
In Moruning is entering the studio sometime
Insomnium
Skyfire
Myrkgrav
Sleepmakeswaves

I am also interested to hear the new Lacuna Coil.
Yeah, In Mourning will enter the studio this year, but only after the summer, so hopefully the album will be out before the year is out..

And yeah, new Anathema should finally come out this year, it's been 6 frickin' years!

Isis, I only hope its not another turd like ITAoT
Amber Asylum, I'm pretty sure a new record is coming out this year.
Virgin Black would be awesome, I expect the last in the trilogy will be released this year. Which was the one I was looking forward to the most initially.
Paradise Lost should be a good one too.