2009 Music

The Mastodon one is a rip without the last track right? I'm waiting for some retail-ish. Will be interesting to hear though. Apparently the new songs seem more rock-ish. Could suit Mastodon well since I mostly listen to them for adrenaline reasons anyway.

I downloaded the latest Mastodon without the last track. I did not like it at all and hearing the last song is not going to change that. The guy who does the aggressive vocals only appears on one song. It lacks the cool heavy riffs that made me like Mastodon, they sound more progrock-ish than before.

I haven't liked a single 2009 release so far but it's a promising year. The Mono album does nothing for me, same old post-rock clichés. Im looking forward to Agalloch (I guess it will be released this year), Katatonia (hopefully), Dream Theater, Abigail's Ghost, Porcupine Tree, My Dying Bride and Anathema, I probably forgot some.

I downloaded the latest Mastodon without the last track. I did not like it at all and hearing the last song is not going to change that. The guy who does the aggressive vocals only appears on one song. It lacks the cool heavy riffs that made me like Mastodon, they sound more progrock-ish than before.

I haven't liked a single 2009 release so far but it's a promising year. The Mono album does nothing for me, same old post-rock clichés. Im looking forward to Agalloch (I guess it will be released this year), Katatonia (hopefully), Dream Theater, Abigail's Ghost, Porcupine Tree, My Dying Bride and Anathema, I probably forgot some.

Where did you hear about Agalloch?

I find that hard to believe since they take a solid 5 years on each album haha.

Where did you hear about Agalloch?

I find that hard to believe since they take a solid 5 years on each album haha.

"We are also working on our 4th full-length album. As for which label will release this album, we have received several offers ranging from the ridiculous to the very interesting. We are currently in discussion with a couple select labels. However, it is likely that no decision will be made until 2009."

From their myspace.

man, Paradise Lost! I don't hear the old sound in "In Requiem" it's too accessible, even if you compare it to draconian times. It's just missing that perfect goth rock/ heavy metal mixture. And the songs sound uninspired, I tried to get into it but I would rather just throw on draconian times where there's passion in the songwriting - yet another band who should quit.

Anathema is actually regaining my interest with hindsight and that angels walk among us song, I'm crossing my fingers

MDB should quit or just tour playing thier old stuff

Katatonia is still fucking amazing

Amorphis - hope the new album is more interesting than the last one

Agalloch - best band going?

"We are also working on our 4th full-length album. As for which label will release this album, we have received several offers ranging from the ridiculous to the very interesting. We are currently in discussion with a couple select labels. However, it is likely that no decision will be made until 2009."

From their myspace.

Ahh, awesome. I never really look at anything on myspace.

Thanks for the info!

I think someone else mentioned this, but Time (Wintersun) might finally be out this year... Or at least we can hope lol.

New Mastodon sounds pretty interesting. I like proggy stuff, and the lighter moments of Blood Mountain were better IMO, so the new one sounds pretty sweet.

DREDG FANS!!!

Monday, February 23rd

A few details about the new record:

Title - "The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion"

Release Date - 5/19/09

Artwork by Rohner Segnitz

It will be available on vinyl and there will be a limited edition version with different artwork and packaging.

It is being released through our own label Ohlone Recordings and the Independent Label Group.

See you in the spring,

dredg

I really want to like the album, it's way more complex than Eclipse and seems like they've worked harder on it. But I don't know, I am just not thrilled about the songs like I was with Eclipse - I'm hoping the new one will be a solid mixture of the two.
I liked both Eclipse and Silent Waters equally. Both get many spins from me. With that being said i can't wait to hear their new album.

I really want to see what Rapture plans to do. According to their website update at the beginning of January, it sounds like they're trying to work on new material. I really hope they can get a new album out before the year is up -- it will be interesting to see how they progress with half of the old band gone.

^I didn't know Rapture were up to anything tbh. I hope they go back to Futile & SOTW style.
Not that The Silent Stage was bad or anything but i like the style of their first 2 albums the best.
God i love me some Rapture at the right times.

I like Dredg, but I'm not a huge fan of the singer. To me he's by far the weakest point of the band. It should be interesting what they do next though.