2009 Music

I liked both Eclipse and Silent Waters equally. Both get many spins from me. With that being said i can't wait to hear their new album.

Same here man. For me Silent Waters was at least a balanced continuation of (great) Eclipse, maybe better. Can't wait to get the new one on my hands since it's obvious that Amorphis are on the peak of their creativity and of their carreer of course.

after giving the new isis a fair few listens i have to say its album of the year material. such a mature and precise release. everyone really should give it a listen.

Wolves in the Throne room - black cascade, to all who like quality black metal with a lot of atmosphere
believer - gabriel - amazing tech thrash

I can't believe two of the best metal albums so far are by treehuggers and christians

yeah I liked the new Isis song too.. not a big fan of the band and I have only one album but I guess I will buy the upcoming one too

Queensryche: American Soldier was OK. Lunatica: New Shores is nice.
Samael: Above was crap :(
I'm looking forward Amorphis, Orphaned Land and any other good...
now I'll check out those mentioned here

fucking ISIS!!!

that's all I have to say.

I dont know, gave it two spins now and iam not that happy. Its like the last one, not long in my playlist. I absolutly adore Panopticon :worship: but after that i would take Cult of Luna over Isis (last two Cult of Luna cds are just so damn good)

I agree the last Isis was pretty bad, though I don't like Cult of Luna any better. I haven't listened to the new Isis yet, I'm still holding out hope I'll like it.