2009 Music

With storage space becoming so large MP3 should be phased out soon in my opinion. FLAC or another lossless format should replace MP3.

The physical piece of media is the beauty of the listening experience I referred to earlier. If Steven Wilson saw this portion of the thread, he would be going mental. He stated in the Insurgentes movie extract on the CD that there is something to have a record in his case and listening to it with the cover art, etc. And I fully agree.

If we went completely into a digital world, I would feel pretty down.

I feel the exact opposite really. I've tried to get into the whole "cover art" feeling with many records I've bought but it seems pretty empty. I just want the music.

I buy everything I love...whether it be tape, cd or vinyl...if I'm into it, I'll buy it...plain and simple.
Same here, I still love to buy music in physical form, I have never ever payed for a download, nor can I imagine that I ever will.. I do also rip CD's straight to my PC most of the time straight after I bought them or I continue to play the download. I download quite a lot of music, but I haven't spent a penny less on music because of it. And it's because I want to and I have to say I also feel kinda morally obliged to the artists I claim to appreciate.

Also, I wil download an album before its release as soon as it's leaked, I'm simply too eager to hear the music...

I can't believe a true and genuine music lover will settle for merely a collection of MB's on his/her harddrive of an album you really like, it's too abstract.

Anyway, on topic, no real yearlist contestants this year so far, but the best is -apparently- still to come..

Last.fm is using FLAC for streaming audio now?
I use Winamp for all audio on my computer, one of the best programs around in my opinion. Plays flac without having to do anything extra as well.

Oh, I thought it always had. I've only been using Last.FM for like 9 months though.

Definitely not, All That Remains shred Disturbed... at least All That Remains have one good album (This Darkened Heart).