2009 Music

There has been one awesome release for me so far.

EREB ALTOR - By Honour

from Sweden playing music just like Bathorys epic albums. I never thought anybody would manage to sound like Bathory, but they have proven me wrong.

That came out in 2008.

Check out Isole if you like Ereb Altor. Same vocalist, but more in the traditional doom vein like Solitude Aeturnus. Awesome band, and as good as Ereb Altor is I always enjoy Isole more.

What I've heard, The June Frost--Mournful Congregation(fuckin' brilliant) Insurgentes(regular jewel case edition) first 5 songs are brilliant, the rest are a little lackluster. Cosmogenesis--Obscura- good tech/death, reminds of Cynic and Gojira in places.

I liked both Eclipse and Silent Waters equally. Both get many spins from me. With that being said i can't wait to hear their new album.

amorphis is one of my favorite bands and i loved eclipse. i couldn't get into silent waters fro a long time and considered it a disappointment, but over the last few months i've really fallen in love with it and like it almost as much as eclipse. i can't wait for the new one. hopefully it won't have to grow on me like silent waters did.

That came out in 2008.

Check out Isole if you like Ereb Altor. Same vocalist, but more in the traditional doom vein like Solitude Aeturnus. Awesome band, and as good as Ereb Altor is I always enjoy Isole more.

Come on, almost 2009 ;)
I know Isole aswell and like it. But I like Ereb Altor more.
You have a good taste, lady!

It disappointed in some ways, but I still enjoy listening to Satyricon's Age of Nero. Yes, it isn't Mother North, but still good blackened rock.

well um. the new ISIS is out in one form or another. its honestly amazing. leaps and bounds ahead of there previous effort. Adam Jones adds some pretty sweet stuff on two of the tracks.

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this in but it is a 2009 release so I guess so,

Any of you know Austere?

I just recently came across them ( because my boyfriend played it of course :p) .
I wouldn't know how to describe them best, apart from black metal I guess , but what really stood out for me where the vocals!
The clean vocals are awesome!
They don't use them very often but I really like his voice a lot!!!
The music as a whole is awesome really :) but I definitely wouldn't mind them
using the clean vocals even more next time.

http:// www.myspace.com/bandaustere

You can check out their myspace and especially the song "Just for a Moment"
since he uses clean vocals there the most.

Cantata Sangui - On Rituals And Correspondence In Constructed Realities

brilliant and progressive mix of gothic, doom, black and whatsoever-metal. no use of guitars, but two bass-players using, a 4-, 5-, and a 12-string-bass.

go, and listen for yourselves:
www.myspace.com/cantatasangui