2014* - new and upcoming albums

The incredible Deluge Grander is set to release and album this year.

I would be very surprised if it weren't excellent.

Transatlantic,Pagan's mind,Vanden plas and I'm curious what Iq will be able to do because this is the first time without Martin orford,as he was very involved in "Frequency "before leaving the band

ATG confirms new album for 2014

http://metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=22520

"we would describe it as a perfect mix between early At The Gates & Slaughter Of The Soul-era At The Gates, trying to maintain the legacy and the history."

I don't care too much about "preserving history" or anything like that when it comes to music, honestly. If a band wants to reunite and do something new, and it sucks, well then there's just an ocean of other music to listen to instead. So I'm glad they're giving it a shot for the small chance that it doesn't suck. + it will give us more live shows, woo

Oh WOW! ACT will release an album in February. Like, holy shit. I remember listening to their studio sessions. I could bet money it will be a top 3 of the year.
They weave proggy stuff into super-catchy melody better than almost everybody else out there.

Silence was such a good album too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully people want the "album" also since that's the only way to get the cd and $50 for a cd is too much...

Yeah, what's up with the way they're releasing and packaging it?

Sorry guys, you're really good, but not that good.

I'm guessing that the album will be available by digital means for a reasonable price?

Transatlantic is very good,not as Whirlwind but very very prog,looking forward to seeing them in march in italy

So I got Terrestrials by Sunn0))) & Ulver just now and listened to it a couple times over. I've got to say it delivered just about what you'd expect from a collaboration between those two, but as it was (unsurprisingly) dronier and slower than Messe by Ulver, I don't (as of now at least) feel like it's quite as good as that one. Messe has more twists and turns, this is more like a constantly building wall of noise. But creepy and definitely enjoyable anyway.

On an unrelated note:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/devin-townsends-casualties-of-cool-teaser-photo-released/

Devin's Casualties of Cool to be released as a separate entity not bearing his name at all. "I want it to be something you listen to quietly, by yourself, in the middle of the night, with a big old full moon outside." --> Sounds like it'll be awesome.

^--- :lol: Well, there's that thing that I linked up there before my previous post, something you might appreciate as a big fan of Matheos. Don't know if it counts as "not boring", though. I seem to remember you making some comments on Brocas Helm somewhere too, so going along those lines, Slough Feg is releasing a new one in just a few days. Slough Feg is always cool:

Then there's also the new Cyn... oh wait, never mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
^--- :lol: Well, there's that thing that I linked up there before my previous post, something you might appreciate as a big fan of Matheos. Don't know if it counts as "not boring", though. I seem to remember you making some comments on Brocas Helm somewhere too, so going along those lines, Slough Feg is releasing a new one in just a few days. Slough Feg is always cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dSt8Hg_J4Y

Then there's also the new Cyn... oh wait, never mind.

FUCK, I wanna listen to Brocas Helm so bad now, thanks

Yeah, I like Matheos, listened to the clip, looks like he doesn't do this sort of stuff as well as say Robert Fripp, but you could hardly expect that. Not sure there's really a hole in my collection that needs to be filled by that album. If you like looping & improv, the Theo Travis + Robert Fripp projects are 'old pros' doing it, really pretty damn good. And of course there's the older Fripp + Eno stuff.

Maybe Matheos' will grow on me. Seems like lots of rock stars on the prog side eventually go through a looping phase, Peter Hammill did it too (it was really good)

Since a few people have mentioned an enthusiasm for IQ, it's piqued my interest. What would be a good route to go with their albums or should I just get all of it and let it ride?

Why never mind? New Cynic sounds pretty good.

That was directed at Postulate, he's not into it. I absolutely love the band to pieces, the three new songs I've heard are gorgeous, can't wait to get my hands on it.

Yeah, I like Matheos, listened to the clip, looks like he doesn't do this sort of stuff as well as say Robert Fripp, but you could hardly expect that. Not sure there's really a hole in my collection that needs to be filled by that album. If you like looping & improv, the Theo Travis + Robert Fripp projects are 'old pros' doing it, really pretty damn good. And of course there's the older Fripp + Eno stuff.

Haven't heard Fripp and Eno together, should definitely check it out.