2013 - new and upcoming albums

Michael Romeo should watch that video and take notes. I'm gonna go show like 10 other people who have always tried to tell me that capo up the neck is not as cool as down tuning.

Ah, see I felt they were trying too hard to be "complex" on the older albums. Sense of Change was good though. Navigating was the culmination of genius though: technical skill used to craft art using the least number of brushstrokes. It's not overbearing, it's just the good parts with the rest cut away by maturity.

Definitely. Sophisticated and Uneven both have their charms, but at times, they're childishly in-your-face or downright ridiculous. The singer's accent and the way the lyrics are written make me cringe even though I'm German myself.

I have to agree with two thumbs up for the new Keldian.

I really love their first two album and Outbound is shaping up to end up as my favorite of all three!

Maybe I should start a 2014 edition of this thread soon...

Anyway, music video (!) for transatlantic's new single

In my opinion: pretty bad.
I guess they're officially a Christian Rock Band now thanks to Morse?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never trust Portnoy with more than an egg shaker.

Dude, have you listened to the first three albums? Lyrics? They were always an obliquely spiritual band. It's not out-and-out Christian, it's just deist.

Roine looks good in the vid. This album will probably be much better than The Whirlwind.

I only really like All of the Above anyway.

Anathema posted a studio snippet on facebook. I closed the tab so I can't link but it sounded pretty good. Groovy grooves.

I heard "Universal" streaming. It's fantastic. My only complaint is the guitar could have used compression in the mix to even out the dynamics. Sometimes he's all I can hear, sometimes I can't hear him.