2014* - new and upcoming albums

Has this been posted here yet?

the first 20 minutes or so of the album are blah, but it really starts to get good after that. especially more towards the second half of the album, there's some great stuff going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
^--- Only heard that one song so far (minipops something) and it's really cool, can't wait to get my hands on the whole thing.

It's ridiculous. Really improves listen by listen. So much going on and all the tracks constantly evolve, it's quite insane, but it's much more accessible than Drukqs. Also reminds me of the Tuss album (which Richard also did, I am sure), but more refined, more detailed. Couldn't be happier with a new Aphex album finally out there tbh. I'm actually super lucky too cause I only got really into his music last year. Almost can't believe that he actually released a new one now and has already hinted at more stuff coming.

^---Just finished listening to it for the first time, christ that was a lot to absorb in one sitting :lol: and then suddenly that last song... <3. I can't remember half of it at the moment but I'm convinced I just heard one of the best albums of the year.

Awesome duo's delivering new albums like a conveyor belt and I haven't even gotten around to Lifeforms yet. Inexcusable.

Anyone heard Allen-Lande ? to me it looks good,I believed Tolkki's writing ruined them but it seems (from the first spins) a good hard melodic record,maybe at the same level of the previous of them. I'd like to know what do you think about it,it's logic that for me Allen's vocals rules also in this cd

All three of decent enough albums although I'm mostly partial to the first myself. As Ken said it's a bit poppy metal but I like it for change of pace every now and then plus hearing both of those guys belt it out is pretty great. I feel like Jorn tends to have a bit higher share of the singing duties than Russ which is kind of a bummer but there's plenty to go around for both guys.

I don't think is poppy,to me poppy is Kiss,Skid row, Poison,Twisted sister,this "great divide" goes loud and in loop in my car ,at first I was scared of tolkki's songwriting but now I'm satisfied, if I had to choose the best for me is "bittersweet " ( great ballad ,great Russel ) and "come dream with me" when Russell reaches high pitches in the end ( worth buying just for it)

Even for those who aren't a fan of the song writing for these albums, there's no way you can listen to the new Allen/Lande and say Russell can't sing his ass off any more. Holy crapola!
:OMG:

Anyone heard Allen-Lande ? to me it looks good,I believed Tolkki's writing ruined them but it seems (from the first spins) a good hard melodic record,maybe at the same level of the previous of them. I'd like to know what do you think about it,it's logic that for me Allen's vocals rules also in this cd

I read some opinions here and there and heard some youtube bits and it sounds absolutely terrible. Ruins the franchise. The Battle and The Revenge are amazing albums. I didn't like The Showdown as much but it's still ten times as good as this new album. Won't bother downloading it

Haken's new EP is great though. I'm currently addicted to Crystallised. Definitely the best contemporary prog band as far as I know.:OMG:

I read some opinions here and there and heard some youtube bits and it sounds absolutely terrible. Ruins the franchise. The Battle and The Revenge are amazing albums. I didn't like The Showdown as much but it's still ten times as good as this new album. Won't bother downloading it

Haken's new EP is great though. I'm currently addicted to Crystallised. Definitely the best contemporary prog band as far as I know.:OMG:

Not sure that youtube bits really do it justice. It's still probably not to the levels of The Battle and The Revenge but it's no doubt far above The Showdown in my opinion which was a bland and forgettable album.

Can't wait to check out the Haken EP though! Man those guys are amazeballs. Their last two albums are among my favorites of all time.

BTW, how did you get your hands on the Haken EP? I can't find it anywhere yet. The release date is supposedly today but I know music doesn't usually release in the US until Tuesday so hopefully tomorrow. Must hear this soon!