2014* - new and upcoming albums

Voyager's new album V is great. Similar to their previous work The Meaning of I. Great summer album. I love hearing electronic pop tunes in summer from outside cafes etc., when I'm taking a walk by the shore. But this one is a great metal album with pop touches, that I can listen and enjoy at home also.

I prefer their first 1-2 albums. They really fell apart after that, imo

I like "Univers" of them best. But the last 2 albums are also great. The sound production and professionality leveled up, and their catchy music and great vocals make the music very interesting. If another vocalist was on the band, I wouldn't have liked them, most probably.

Yeah, generally I don't like overtly polished productions too, but i liked these albums a lot. It depends on the band I think.

It begins great, but when the famous chorus begins it loses my interest. Maybe they couldn't adapt it good, or may be because I'm so used to the original version.

I have to be in the mood to listen to Dragonforce; however, I feel they have gotten a tiny bit better since The Power Within. After the first album the few after it were overly derivative.

On this new album I really like this tune, which is lyrically based of the Castlevania game of the same name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwlDXtzVVU8

I'm in love with the latest Alestorm album. This is as fun and close to party music as metal will ever get. The writing got better again as well. What a fantastic band!

:lol: I kind of have no expectations. The bar is set rock-bottom. I expect a mainstream metal-infused, guitar-laden, concept album that is too heavy to fly.
After Iconoclast? Low. Very low.
Hmm yeah i say we start a petition to get michael pinnella to make another album

man this album is good, it's way better than SX's stuff

I feel really sorry for Symphony X, their fans are terrible. The only things that you can do is complaining and complaining "Iconoclast so shitty" or "Iconoclast is the same as PL but with horrible vocal/shitty lyrics". Sometimes I`m wondering did you even hear that album.

It`s funny, cause I have no friends listening to SX or even metal and this is the only place where I can discuss about this band. And you know what? I can`t. There`s no point of saying how I love these 2 new albums, here they are 100% hated.

Anyway, did you ever heard of myGRAIN? This is my second favourite band, absolutely best Death Metal band in the history. Fast, sharp, heavy, very melodic, catchy as hell, stunning clean vocals & growl, lyrics that make absolutely no goddam sense (but some of them are really amazing), rocking riffs and original keyboard sound. They are working on the new album and now we know almost nothing, but they posted few things about on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/MyGrain

I feel really sorry for Symphony X, their fans are terrible. The only things that you can do is complaining and complaining "Iconoclast so shitty" or "Iconoclast is the same as PL but with horrible vocal/shitty lyrics". Sometimes I`m wondering did you even hear that album.

It`s funny, cause I have no friends listening to SX or even metal and this is the only place where I can discuss about this band. And you know what? I can`t. There`s no point of saying how I love these 2 new albums, here they are 100% hated.

When Odyssey came out and people on this board heard king of terrors and the rest of the songs, there was some complaining too. But nowadays that album is mostly loved. The reason PL and IC are not liked is simple. People got so used to that old SX style its hard to think them sounding like that and honestly those albums are just not up to par with the older ones.

But I agree though, complaining about it wont help.

We all have different ears. We dont have to all like the same thing.. and we dont. Youre allowed to dislike an album, just have a legitimate reason. The quotes you used are good example of what *not* to say. That helps nothing. Though, I must say, i do that too sometimes.

There`s no point of saying how I love these 2 new albums, here they are 100% hated.

Not a 100%, I think both of them are pretty awesome. I don't think I'm alone in this, either, especially when it comes to PL.

Anyway, did you ever heard of myGRAIN?

I'm pretty sure I've seen them live opening for Kiuas at their final show (man, that gig was awesome...). At least I think it was them. Seemed pretty cool, their set was definitely energetic and all that, but I usually find it pretty hard to get into stuff live if I've never heard it before (especially for heavier music like Death metal and so forth). Might have to give them a listen sometime.

When Odyssey came out and people on this board heard king of terrors and the rest of the songs, there was some complaining too. But nowadays that album is mostly loved. The reason PL and IC are not liked is simple. People got so used to that old SX style its hard to think them sounding like that and honestly those albums are just not up to par with the older ones.

But I agree though, complaining about it wont help.
Complaining won't make much difference, but your logic above is definitely flawed.