7 Horns 7 Eyes tracking begins!

This is what you guys are talking about, right?

750-Beta91_application.jpg

I guess it is called the Beta 91 now, just want to make sure because using one of these and a subkick (DIY or the Yammy) sounds really interesting to me.

Another blog, rhythm guitars have been underway for a while. I'm tracking DIs, using POD Farm as the amp. It makes editing and comping a breeze, since there are no printed amp tracks to mess with...just edit the DI, and immediately play back through the amped sound. I don't think I ever want to track another way...

Last edited by a moderator:
You have good vibrato, which is kinda of unusual to see these days. The amount of newly signed bands I see where the guitarist has no concept of what good vibrato is, is quite worrying.

So are you recording all the DI's then reamping after all the recording and editing is done? I agree with you, I think that editing and comping and is a lot of clearer and seems less cluttered when just recording the DI.

Nice work, look forward to the final product.

Yeah I tend to record DIs and reamp after I'm done editing. It's a lot easier and better that way.

What was that effect thingy you used at around 05:00?

Ah, I see. Thanks :)
I had only heard about it. I just checked the site and it seems like a very cool thing. Not that I'd use one but nevertheless.

do you use a real TS in front of it? thx

Not sure what Aaron does, but I tend to track with the Line6 TS, having a real TS in front just adds to the complication of things, especially if you don't want the TS in the DI tracks so you can adjust the TS settings while re-amping.

I'm going to be buying an isolated splitter box here shortly for doing guitars this way. Right now I'm just using a splitter cable to go to PODxt and to one of the DI inputs on my Mackie 1200F, but having both hooked up at the same time feeds back into the POD and is a bit noisy. Hoping the isolated splitter box solves that.

Not sure what Aaron does, but I tend to track with the Line6 TS, having a real TS in front just adds to the complication of things, especially if you don't want the TS in the DI tracks so you can adjust the TS settings while re-amping.

I'm going to be buying an isolated splitter box here shortly for doing guitars this way. Right now I'm just using a splitter cable to go to PODxt and to one of the DI inputs on my Mackie 1200F, but having both hooked up at the same time feeds back into the POD and is a bit noisy. Hoping the isolated splitter box solves that.

Why not just get a dedicated DI box? ;) (cuz it has an instrument through output, and will probably preserve the signal more than splitting it before it gets buffered/converted to low-impedance)

Why not just get a dedicated DI box? ;) (cuz it has an instrument through output, and will probably preserve the signal more than splitting it before it gets buffered/converted to low-impedance)

I have two other DI boxes, but I've found the DI in the 1200F sounds better than all of them, so I'd prefer to use it. It's just the signal splitting is a bit noisy.

Do you record riff by riff then chop it up into your song? Or are you just doing that for the leads, and actually playing the whole rhythm through?