7 Horns 7 Eyes tracking begins!

Damn, that dude's a hell of a guitarist, both technically and melodically (great vibrato too) - meaning, far more than just another wanker, so big props! Is he the only one who solos, or do you also? (this is the first of these vids I've watched)

Eh, I think Sean needs a bit of work with his vibrato actually (I mean, it's not terrible), but other than that he's definitely got me beat when it comes to technical ability. He writes a lot of really tasteful stuff though and definitely could care less about making sure he plays fast a certain percentage of the time. He is a huge asset to the band, and I'm stoked we picked him up. That said, I do enjoy soloing myself, and I have about three on the whole record...although since I can't shred, I've gotta be tasteful so my solos don't suck. Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with being tasteful...I just wish I could shred too!

cool. Were you guys tracking leads through an amp? or was this a pod thingy as well?

Still POD Farm! Just with more gain and highs on the amp.

as far as metal goes, id say this is some of the only shit that's really hit the spot for me recently
and hell, you guys are christian metal too, props n shit for not sucking
also, aaron your beard is awesome as hell, seriously.

That is very flattering, so thank you. I know I'm not going to get any love around here when it comes to talking about being a Christian, but if I couldn't talk about Christ in the music I write, then I wouldn't be making music (or at least be seriously pursuing it).

Sad news about the beard though- this regional manager hag for Albertsons (the grocery chain by which I am currently employed) says it has to go. We're getting some new band photos taken next week, and then I might start over with a clean face... :cry: Hopefully Nitronium won't start calling me emo again :lol:

+1

is this going to be a label release?

I can't answer that just yet, but...stay tuned :)

Sad news about the beard though- this regional manager hag for Albertsons (the grocery chain by which I am currently employed) says it has to go. We're getting some new band photos taken next week, and then I might start over with a clean face... :cry: Hopefully Nitronium won't start calling me emo again :lol:

Sounds like Albertsons isn't worth it anymore then...unless you already have a rediculous wage there and can't leave it without losing your ass too.

Eh, I think Sean needs a bit of work with his vibrato actually (I mean, it's not terrible), but other than that he's definitely got me beat when it comes to technical ability. He writes a lot of really tasteful stuff though and definitely could care less about making sure he plays fast a certain percentage of the time. He is a huge asset to the band, and I'm stoked we picked him up. That said, I do enjoy soloing myself, and I have about three on the whole record...although since I can't shred, I've gotta be tasteful so my solos don't suck. Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with being tasteful...I just wish I could shred too!

Still POD Farm! Just with more gain and highs on the amp.

That is very flattering, so thank you. I know I'm not going to get any love around here when it comes to talking about being a Christian, but if I couldn't talk about Christ in the music I write, then I wouldn't be making music (or at least be seriously pursuing it).

I can't answer that just yet, but...stay tuned :)

judging by the city you're from, i have a hunch who it is haha
maybe i'm wrong though...

ps. your beard>any job paying less than $15/hour

We want before and after photos... That beard is so epic.

I know I'm not going to get any love around here when it comes to talking about being a Christian, but if I couldn't talk about Christ in the music I write, then I wouldn't be making music (or at least be seriously pursuing it).

I'm sorry, but I vomited a little after reading that (must have been the wreak of cheese). Take no offense to anything I say but this to me just sounds like the typical American fundamentalist Christian, the same ones claim they're doing God's work while rallying a homosexual soldier's funeral - doing God's work of course!
Yes I'm Christian, I'm Irish (if anyone's had Christianity bashed into them, it's us) but you have no idea of the damage that religion alone has done to this country. I'm not referring to the north exactly (although that does speak for itself) but more-so the rest of the country. The Catholic church has run this country for hundreds of years and recently the government signed a bill banning blasphemy in Ireland, a blatent obstruction of our right to freedom of speech.

I prefer my music without the writer's religious beliefs being an issue.
Religion = War.

If you said it was religious / Jewish you could keep your beard.

I'm sorry, but I vomited a little after reading that (must have been the wreak of cheese). Take no offense to anything I say but this to me just sounds like the typical American fundamentalist Christian, the same ones claim they're doing God's work while rallying a homosexual soldier's funeral - doing God's work of course!
Yes I'm Christian, I'm Irish (if anyone's had Christianity bashed into them, it's us) but you have no idea of the damage that religion alone has done to this country.

I'm a Christian aswell. But my views are very different than the typical Calvinist/Fundamentalists. I'm the furthest thing from the RCC(I think that's where most of the problems started). And as far as connecting anything american to a tiny, miniscule sect........attenention mongers who can't stay away from funerals and use wise judgement. That's not accurate.

I couldn't care any less about anyone else religious beliefs, good or bad.

I like music, Aarons music is cool, whatever motivates him to continue creating it is okay with me.

I'm a Christian aswell. But my views are very different than the typical Calvinist/Fundamentalists. I'm the furthest thing from the RCC(I think that's where most of the problems started). And as far as connecting anything american to a tiny, miniscule sect........attenention mongers who can't stay away from funerals and use wise judgement. That's not accurate.

Yes, I agree. But that's what his statement sounded like to me (just my opinion and it was not my intention to blanket label every Christian out there). That or it's like something the Jonas Brothers would say! :lol:

Yes I'm Christian, I'm Irish (if anyone's had Christianity bashed into them, it's us) but you have no idea of the damage that religion alone has done to this country. I'm not referring to the north exactly (although that does speak for itself) but more-so the rest of the country. The Catholic church has run this country for hundreds of years and recently the government signed a bill banning blasphemy in Ireland, a blatent obstruction of our right to freedom of speech.

I prefer my music without the writer's religious beliefs being an issue.
Religion = War.

If you said it was religious / Jewish you could keep your beard.

GUISE... It's thread about Aaron's new album production. Not about religion. Please do not start a debate about it. We all have different opinions about it. Aaron deserves some respect for his work. Back to the topic please.

Good call, Its a production forum. Its cool to hear what motivates Aaron but thats a touchy subject that can go round and a-round. Its about Aarons production, which is kick ass by the way! Cant wait to hear some mixes! When will they be ready? :Smokin:

GUISE... It's thread about Aaron's new album production. Not about religion. Please do not start a debate about it. We all have different opinions about it. Aaron deserves some respect for his work. Back to the topic please.

I blame Dodo for bringing it up! :lol:

Anyways, I'd love to see more of the tracking process Aaron! Am I the only one who kept thinking "why the fuck are you looking over there when there's a ton of nice outboard behind you?!" when watching the first video? Damn bassists! :D