9/11 aka Sept.11 ... five years later

Salamurhaaja said:
Ah, the beginning of Americas downfall. And not a moment too soon.

Well, i think that as far as superpowers without anyone to keep them in check, America do quite well. I cant imagine Chine going for a less interventionalist course in their foreign policy when they become the dominating force on earth. Still, the Americans are acting like arrogant shitheads who dont care at all how people on other countries think, feel or live. They trample international law in the dirt and have no respect at all for their "prisoners of war" and their juridical rights.

Still, China propably wont behave better. As long as the UN can consolidate their power a bit in the wake of Americas golden age, we might not have to face a superpower of Americas magnitude without without anyone to balance them out for a long time.

Makaan said:
AFAIK most of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, the main ally of USA in the region. The former can by the way whip women publicly and dont give shit about civil/political rights, but the US aren´t complaining...

Yep.
The officials in the US could have captured most of Bin Laden´s relative´s and questioned them.
Instead they put them on private planes home, which where allowed to fly even though there was still the official ban after the attacks.
Okay, maybe his relatives have nothing to do with the whole issue, but keeping them locked up, while still unfair then, would have been a whole lot easier and fairer than bombing an entire country, which is not Saudi Arabia. I´m sure Mr Enemy No 1 would have been convinced to show up again.
I think they cannot find all the main terrorists because they don´t really want to. How simple that would be, locking in 20 terrorists, and having no more reasons to bomb any country or reasons to spy on an entire population, so that it´s not the land of the free but the land of the observed and gated.

These restrictions are btw happening in Germany now, too, for the same "reasons".

This is a USA holiday, why does the rest of the world have to celebrate it? I mean we had to fly all our flag poles half mast... Christ if the same attack happened in New Zealand or aussie, no one else would give a shit... Half the world will never know and i know for a fact that the USA wouldn’t have a celebration day. Because it had nothing to do for them… Why do we have to pay all this respect if we all know it wont happen the same way… The truth is that if we didn’t… The USA would no longer consider us an ally and would call us disrespectful.

Last night and the night before there were so many docos on TV about it… It was like our lives will forever be disrupted because of it.

Gah

Celebration = memorial day

Rayna said:
This happened in the USA why does the rest of the world have to celebrate it?
Teh win. :)

2001.09.11 was a day of flu, staying home, not being able to believe what was happening, and feeling like shit (because of the flu, not because of the WTC shit) to me. And i really don't remember any other 09.11, because it's just another day in the year (the same as every other day except 02.14 (total gayness and corniness), 03.17 (perfection) and 05.02 (same)).

God i remember it, it was the 12th for us, I have an alarm radio so on the radio it was like well now our sky tower is the 7th highest building in the world because the WTC towers have disappeared, so i went upstairs AND IT WAS ON EVERY CHANNEL, I MISSED OUT ON MY CARROONS BECAUSE THEY WERE TAKEN OFF TV TO WATCH THE BUILDINGS FALL DOWN AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN, Then when i went to school at social studies we had to watch another doco on it.... Sick sick sick.

Oh man i hope it wasn’t a serious sickness :/

^ 'tis the dust Undie, metal-heads like us were not designed to live in countries like ours :yuk: (too dusty ye know? I have to clean my music cds everyday because everday there's a new layer of dust on them. My poor babies :cry: ).

I agree with every comment written on this page, I really fucking hate that everyone has to pay for what stupid usonians do or what happens to them. Really, 'tis all about the pride, they don't give shit about the people that died.

@fireangel:What restrictions are ye talking about? :zombie: o_O :ill:

Rayna said:
Yuck, I have just got over my sickness, and its spring... horrible thing...
Well, at least you're over it... *really hopes he won't get sick this winter*

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:
^ 'tis the dust Undie, metal-heads like us were not designed to live in countries like ours :yuk: (too dusty ye know? I have to clean my music cds everyday because everday there's a new layer of dust on them. My poor babies :cry: ).
Aye, me too (except i don't clean them every day because i'm lazy and i never remember to do it anyway). I completely agree... Hopefully Zagreb isn't so filthy (from what i remember, it's not, but then again no place is the world is as bad as Mexico City (and Cuernavaca isn't far enough away from the capital, bwaaaaaaah)).

UndoControl said:
And i really don't remember any other 09.11, because it's just another day in the year (the same as every other day except 02.14 (total gayness and corniness), 03.17 (perfection) and 05.02 (same)).

Are you expecting us to celebrate these dates? And what exactly are we supposed to do with the flag on the day of total gayness, if you don't mind my asking?

I wouldn't mind joining in to the 9/11 celebrations. They beat some of the civil festivities in Italy hands down. Hey, look, on this day sixty years ago we switched sides in a war again! Woohoo!

UndoControl said:
Teh win. :)

2001.09.11 was a day of flu, staying home, not being able to believe what was happening, and feeling like shit (because of the flu, not because of the WTC shit) to me. And i really don't remember any other 09.11, because it's just another day in the year (the same as every other day except 02.14 (total gayness and corniness), 03.17 (perfection) and 05.02 (same)).

Wow, what a nice load of cowshit.