A few thoughts on the evolution of metal.

I actually saw a technical death metal band led by a Chapman Stick once. It sounded exactly like normal tech death. But I do think big things could come from that stuff.

I actually saw a technical death metal band led by a Chapman Stick once. It sounded exactly like normal tech death. But I do think big things could come from that stuff.

Didn't Blut Aus Nord use something similar on Mort I remember reading an interview they did in Terrorizer where they claimed to have used fretless instruments so that they could tap and play them more like a piano with both hands

Drum machines work well in certain types of black metal and industrial and ambient metal, but real drumming often is a preference.

dunno what that means, but tbh, any drummers at all are scarce, at least in my area. Any drummers. Nevermind metal drummers. Forget good metal drummers.

Drummers are hard to find. I have been asked to be in a ton of the local bands in my school and around, they are all born-again metalcore bands with Dissection and Demon Hunter as influneces. How is that possible?

Your propositions are contrary to the humanist paradigm. Many people prefer music that is made by human skill, and not awash in synthetic elements.

I'm aware that people prefer skill to electronics, but look again at my prepositions. Chapman stick/warr guitars can take more skill then regular guitars. If you look up demos on youtube, many people use them to play a bass line on one hand, and a guitar part on the other hand. Hand drums? Those are some of the hardest to master of all, I'm just amplyfing them because otherwise thay'd get washed. Triggers might make it easier to double bass pounding, but talented drummers will put that other foot to good use, and probably play harder stuff then kick kick kick/rollllll types of stuff. The electronic vocal effects, yeah, those might turn off many people, but imagine some sort of synthesizer that the singer is going through. As he is singing, he is adjusting the synthesizer. Maybe some real time effects. This idea, of course, fits more in with the future of prog metal then other genres.

I think that there is a certain point where you can´t get heavier without you just being noise. I mean, look at some extreme noise music, that´s just pure BS.
Instead of a totally new genre towards the extreme, more bands are experimenting with combining brutality with melody, and stuff like that. Some people have started making depressive black metal (I hate that shit, but still). Melodic Death metal was invented in the middle of the 90´s, that´s what, like 10 years ago? Not that long. Also, if you´ve heard "In Flames - The Mirror´s Truth", like me, I was kinda surprised. I have never heard anything quite like it, I mean, it has some melodic death metal roots of course, but other than that, I can only see the unique. I can smell no metalcore, or anything like that. Smells like something a bit new that I can´t really put my finger on.

I think that there is a certain point where you can´t get heavier without you just being noise. I mean, look at some extreme noise music, that´s just pure BS.
Instead of a totally new genre towards the extreme, more bands are experimenting with combining brutality with melody, and stuff like that. Some people have started making depressive black metal (I hate that shit, but still). Melodic Death metal was invented in the middle of the 90´s, that´s what, like 10 years ago? Not that long. Also, if you´ve heard "In Flames - The Mirror´s Truth", like me, I was kinda surprised. I have never heard anything quite like it, I mean, it has some melodic death metal roots of course, but other than that, I can only see the unique. I can smell no metalcore, or anything like that. Smells like something a bit new that I can´t really put my finger on.

First of all you're basically an absolute moron. Noise music is obviously not something you've bothered to delve into. As a harsh noise artist who is on his 4th year doing that kind of stuff, with many shows and releases by international labels behind my back, I can tell you that there is a market for it, as people often enjoy the pure SOUND volume much more than compositional and structured music. Since it is all subjective, and I respect this, I create this kind of music and release it so others can hear it. It's not "BS" because you don't get it. Kindly fuck off.

Now, not so personally, The Mirror's Truth is essentially a melo-death/hard rock hybrid which has been done before by Soilwork on Figure Number Five and by a few more bands. This kind of stuff is actually getting fairly popular right now and I like a good bit of it. It's not some "new crazy kind of music", it's just taking two genres which exist and combining them to create a cohesive artistic statement. Nothing really special about that (or is there to an extent? Perhaps...).

As a harsh noise artist who is on his 4th year doing that kind of stuff, with many shows and releases by international labels behind my back, I can tell you that there is a market for it

That's a nice way to say that a small label run by a guy in his basement in Italy produced 40 cd-r with a cover printed by his laser printer for you. :p

It still means someone has put faith and money into releasing material by me, which I highly respect, perhaps even more than some huge band who has some faceless entity doing all of their production and marketing for them.

Art is art, there is no way to objectively validate the quality of it.

I could put these releases out myself, but I enjoy supporting noise labels by letting them work with me. Labels are dependent on the artists. If a guy makes a CDr limited to 40 copies, I'll get 10 and he'll get the rest. I'll make some money on mine or trade them to someone to hear their new sounds, and the label will make enough money to continue investing a small amount of money on CDrs for noise artists. Also most of my CDs are pro-pressed CDrs (cheaply duplicated at an actual pressing plant, not burned off a home computer) :p

It still means someone has put faith and money into releasing material by me, which I highly respect, perhaps even more than some huge band who has some faceless entity doing all of their production and marketing for them.

Art is art, there is no way to objectively validate the quality of it.

Btw I was just teasing you. I don't know if anything I said is close to be true. Even though I'll never get anyone wanting to listen to noise, there are people finding stuff they like in that. So be it...

And I also understand and agree with what you said in your first paragrah. My comments were just meant for fun... :p

I'm probably just mad because you didn't buy Squash Bowels - No Mercy from me even though I have a used copy for sell ....

Yeah I figured they were but it's aggravating when people try to invalidate the stuff you spend time, money and energy on.

The community in noise is even more tight knit than metal in some places. Almost every fan either has a project or a label and there are constantly new releases coming out all over the place. Though personally I find most of them to be total shit (wanky "garage jam" noise, psychedelic bullshit, saxophone drones, anything gay like that) it is a very personal and interconnected scene. I like doing it because I like to see my work have a communal effect on people. I like that I know who my fans are and who I can expect to buy all my new releases when I get my 10-20 copies. It's fun and a nice break from the harrowing, particular world of metal for me. Though metal is what I listen to far more (it's like a 98:2 split between metal and noise/etc. for me :p), I feel like I will be doing noise (recording/playing shows and touring, releasing) for a very long time because I find pleasure in it. I don't think I need any other reason tbh

First of all you're basically an absolute moron. Noise music is obviously not something you've bothered to delve into. As a harsh noise artist who is on his 4th year doing that kind of stuff, with many shows and releases by international labels behind my back, I can tell you that there is a market for it, as people often enjoy the pure SOUND volume much more than compositional and structured music. Since it is all subjective, and I respect this, I create this kind of music and release it so others can hear it. It's not "BS" because you don't get it. Kindly fuck off.
When I was reading his post I said to myself "How long before he gets pwned by 5V?" Then I scrolled down and saw that it didn't take very long.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Now, not so personally, The Mirror's Truth is essentially a melo-death/hard rock hybrid which has been done before by Soilwork on Figure Number Five and by a few more bands. This kind of stuff is actually getting fairly popular right now and I like a good bit of it. It's not some "new crazy kind of music", it's just taking two genres which exist and combining them to create a cohesive artistic statement. Nothing really special about that (or is there to an extent? Perhaps...).
But it is something new in that it's something that hasn't been tried before. Sorta like there's nothing new about folk metal - taking folk and metal and combining them. But it's it's own sub-genre, so why not this melo-death-rock blend. Melodic deathrock?

Yeah I figured they were but it's aggravating when people try to invalidate the stuff you spend time, money and energy on.

The community in noise is even more tight knit than metal in some places. Almost every fan either has a project or a label and there are constantly new releases coming out all over the place. Though personally I find most of them to be total shit (wanky "garage jam" noise, psychedelic bullshit, saxophone drones, anything gay like that) it is a very personal and interconnected scene. I like doing it because I like to see my work have a communal effect on people. I like that I know who my fans are and who I can expect to buy all my new releases when I get my 10-20 copies. It's fun and a nice break from the harrowing, particular world of metal for me. Though metal is what I listen to far more (it's like a 98:2 split between metal and noise/etc. for me :p), I feel like I will be doing noise (recording/playing shows and touring, releasing) for a very long time because I find pleasure in it. I don't think I need any other reason tbh

Do you think you will ever expand deeply into other forms of music?

Also, is there a small noise scene around the Chicago area? I would love to see some shows.