A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

Fuck that. I tried to sway the thread back to Single Malts after the bourbon talk, but yer straight back into it!

I had a small sip of that Glenfarclas last night. On the nose it was pleasantly fruity, with strong malty tones. I had been drinking quite a bit of beer prior to this so I'm not going to comment on the flavour until I taste it with a clean palate.

My mate actually mentioned mixing this with coke. I couldn't believe my ears.

NOW GODDAMIT!!! Give me a bourbon reco. I'm heading out to the liquor stores. I wonder if they're even open right now. This *is* the Bible belt.

I'm thinking of making a concerted effort to reconcile with the wife and I'm going to need to be completely drunk in order to live from here on out if she accepts.

I think it's bullshit that liquor stores arent open today. I may be wrong but Im sure it's by some legal decree.
I WANT TO DRINK. WHO WANTS MY TAX DOLLARS?

can't you get brewskis at the supermarket?

btw, i am pretending that I didn't read that reconciliation stuff a few posts back.

It's too late/I'm too lazy to go get some brews at the grocery.
ha! Reminds me: the Thornton's (gas station) down the street has a "beer cave" hahaha
I saw it the other day. It's just a walk-in cooler full to the ceiling with shit domestic crap like Miller Light.
I was hoping for a literal cave, like maybe into the side of the hill behind the store. With some bats. And skeletons.

article-1137083-034EF4FA000005DC-267_468x549.jpg

It's too late/I'm too lazy to go get some brews at the grocery.
ha! Reminds me: the Thornton's (gas station) down the street has a "beer cave" hahaha
I saw it the other day. It's just a walk-in cooler full to the ceiling with shit domestic crap like Miller Light.
I was hoping for a literal cave, like maybe into the side of the hill behind the store. With some bats. And skeletons.

My house is actually a beer cave. Three beers on tap a fair amount of bottles and BATS!

I'm coming over later.

Well, I picked up some Knob Creek last night. I like that stuff. Much cheaper than single malt.

Hey, does anyone have problems with alcohol-related reflux? It fucking sucks. Even beer does this to me now. It's not a "oh man, drank too much, need to throw up" sensation, it's an almost immediate "hmm this is unpleasant" sensation.

I get it just looking at stuff in the store. I'm not exaggerating. It sucks. I pretty much can't enjoy alcohol anymore.