A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

Hey, does anyone have problems with alcohol-related reflux? It fucking sucks. Even beer does this to me now. It's not a "oh man, drank too much, need to throw up" sensation, it's an almost immediate "hmm this is unpleasant" sensation.

i get that shit too! i just did after drinking (crappy) beers.

i'm sure it can't be good that i continue to drink and just keep popping tums the whole time like a pez dispenser.

someone bought me a bottle of Strathisla 12 YRS ... good Highlands scotch.

damn I like this time of year when drinking this kind of shit neat is muah.

someone bought me a bottle of Strathisla 12 YRS ... good Highlands scotch.
strathisla is beautiful. love that stuff

i was in scotland a month back or so and visited visited blair athol destillery in the town of pitlochry in the highlands. got the grand tour, very nice. bought a bottle of blair athol 12 year, naturally. it's very good but it's kind of too smooth and plays a little too nice for my tastes

I finally caved and bought a bottle of Lagavulin 16 year. Pretty nice, though I must say I wouldn't put it head and shoulders above the other Islay malts I've tried. Perhaps its just been too long since I tasted my other favourites.

i get that shit too! i just did after drinking (crappy) beers.

i'm sure it can't be good that i continue to drink and just keep popping tums the whole time like a pez dispenser.

I'm starting to wonder if it's more the coffee than it is the alcohol because I really don't drink that much/often. I drink tons of coffee though.

Neither one is exactly good for you though

Any of you tried this one yet? Saw this at my local poison palace and looks like it will be next on my list.
Bourbon has 100% become my strong drink of choice.

Buck_2.jpg

That looks good too. About $30 bucks a bottle ... damn good.

sipping some neat Ballentine's now, out of all the good shit.

How does Ballentine's stack up as far as blends? I need something to hold me over until I can next afford to blow serious money on scotch

Ballentine's is Ok. I use it for mixing but neat it's not bad either.
1.75L for $28