A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

They had the Van Winkle stuff but I picked up the Highland 12 year. They also had 18 year but the price tag was missing so I said, "too bad, suckers" and went with the 12 year. Good stuff. Comes as advertised: smooth with a smokey aftertaste. I'd like to drink the entire damn bottle in one sitting but probably not a good idea.

They had the Van Winkle stuff but I picked up the Highland 12 year. They also had 18 year but the price tag was missing so I said, "too bad, suckers" and went with the 12 year. Good stuff. Comes as advertised: smooth with a smokey aftertaste. I'd like to drink the entire damn bottle in one sitting but probably not a good idea.

kudos...sounds like a good place.

e20yr904_pl.jpg

The ABSOLUTE best bourbon you will EVER have in your entire life. Guaranteed.

It truly ranks up there with some of the fine single malts. Simply astounding.
I thought this was a joke, given the name and the fact that I've never seen it in stores. Just checked it out on Wiki and it turns out it's no joke.

Zod

Considering the amazing quality, it is also pretty damn cheap. Except for the Pappy 20yr which runs for around $80. Both 10 yr, the 90 and 107 proof run for a mere $25 and is better than anything for double the price....besides their own stuff.