A Note on the Circus Maximus Set

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
The guys have informed me that they are going to attempt a VERY QUICK set change over and start 10 minutes early so they can play 55 minutes (one extra song). So if you need to take a piss after Manticora, be back by 1835 or risk missing the start if they can pull off the set change.

I always believe that bands that work their ass off on the change overs to give you guys something extra deserve a round of applause.

Glenn H.

I guess it's a possibility, but I wouldn't expect "The First Chapter." It's not on their other setlists, and even with a fifty five minute set, it would take up a very large chunk of time. Someone else posted on this and said that it wasn't really their "definitive" song, so he didn't expect it.

I agree on that, I view The First Chapter as one of the weakest songs on the CD. The song has its moments, but for 19 minutes it's not solid enough like "The Odyssey" by Symphony X to really be done live. I mean it could, but I'd rather see one of the other tracks

Nightmare1z said:
I agree on that, I view The First Chapter as one of the weakest songs on the CD. The song has its moments, but for 19 minutes it's not solid enough like "The Odyssey" by Symphony X to really be done live. I mean it could, but I'd rather see one of the other tracks

i would love to hear The 1st Chapter. that being said, i dont want CM to play it at the expense of any other material. however, i do think that the attempt at trying to stretch the setlist will probably result in The 1st Chapter. if it does, hell yeah. if not, im sure CM will not let us down with whatever they play...

Barking Pumpkin said:
I guess it's a possibility, but I wouldn't expect "The First Chapter." It's not on their other setlists, and even with a fifty five minute set, it would take up a very large chunk of time. Someone else posted on this and said that it wasn't really their "definitive" song, so he didn't expect it.

IMO, I think it is more than just a possibility as they probably won't play the ballad, and then I believe there are 2 instrumentals, 1 of which i guess they will play and the other they will most likely leave out. So, if u remove the ballad and an instrumental, it seems like a strong possibility to me. I guess we will see on Friday!!! Whatever they do, I'm sure it will be great. The album kicks ass!

I could be off here.....but I was just looking at their set lists vs. times and things.

1 - Sin
2 - Alive
3 - The Prophecy
4 - Imperial Destruction
5 - Biosfear
6 - Silence From Angels Above
7 - Glory of the Empire

That's their set list from the release party, which includes everything but "The 1st Chapter" and "Why Am I Here?"

If you add "Why Am I Here?" to that, the set is a good 52 minutes. So they could get through 8 out of 9 tracks on the album + in between time. I'm thinking they're going to do that instead of cutting four catchy butt-kicking songs from the set list (three if one is Glory Of The Empire) just so they can do "The 1st Chapter," which they would have to rehearse specifically for this, since they haven't performed it live elsewhere. "Glory Of The Empire" is an epic anyway, so you've at least got something if they don't do "The 1st Chapter."

Just my thoughts here. :)

J-Dubya 777 said:
Maybe they'll do a couple Carnivora tunes. That stuff kicks ass!

Pardon the language but......What the fuck! Hellhammer sideproject? Arcturus guy on guitars? Why haven't I heard of this band!? :loco: So there actually is a link between Circus Maximus and the "rest" of the Norwegian Progressive Metal scene, even though it's through a Heavy Metal band. :D