A shopping list for me, created by you

Quo Vadis - Defiant Imagination

Amazing melodic death with a whole new lineup and Steve DiGiorgio on bass.

Cryptopsy - None So Vile

tech-death from monteral with lord worm on vocals.

Augury - Concealed

monteral quebec death metal featuring ex-members of Quo Vadis

Blinded By Faith - Under an Occult Sun

melodic metal with grim vocals, very catchy.

Despised Icon - The Healing Process

tight production deathcore from Canada.

Necronomicon - The Sacred Medicines

death metal in the vein of Melechesh, and Nile, Rudra , etc

Great stuff guys, thanks. Of course I have a bunch of this stuff already so at minimum I appreciate your good taste. :cool:

I'm definitey adding "Dark Medieval Times". Why I don't own this is beyond me, especially as I glance over and see that fucking "Volcano" sitting on my shelf.

@Marksveld: I have Odemarkens Son already, and it's never fully clicked -- but you've inspired me to pull it off the shelf. :)

@Allure - tell me more about Quo Vadis and Necromonicon!

@Crimson - send samples of Weltmacht!

@Henrik - I have the Arcturus & Suffocation. I'll look into Gehenna. Also, if I have all the other Nile, should I still hunt down Nephren-Ka?

I'll reference this thread often to check out the other suggestions too. Stay tuned.

Yes, you should still grab Nephren-Ka.

Lemme know what you think of the AS sample once you get around to it.

I don't know what other people think, but I think that it is legendary. I listened to Odemarkens Son this morning and ... whoa. It just owns me!

I regard Till Fjalls and Odemarkens Son completely equally. Sometimes I like OS better, and sometimes I like Till Fjalls better. I guess it really depends on what you feel like. Till Fjalls has a little bit more of a black metal influence, and OS is a lot more dense.

spaffe said:
:cry:

Though I can sort of understand how someone could dislike them, but I really enjoy them on the other hand

Absolutely. J, if you don't like his clean vox, than don't even bother with these releases!

JayKeeley said:
@Henrik - I have the Arcturus & Suffocation. I'll look into Gehenna. Also, if I have all the other Nile, should I still hunt down Nephren-Ka?

Like the other guys said, Nephren-Ka is definitely worth checking out. Easily their best effort in my opinion.

Here are a couple of Gehenna mp3s - both from "Seen Through The Veil Of Darkness" - that I uploaded to my webspace:

A Witch Is Born

Seen Through The Veil Of Darkness

"Seen Through The Veil Of Darkness" for some reason reminds me of Vargnatt.... and yes, it doesn't sound anything like it.

Yes I liked the first song and I am going to download the other one! Garm did vocals on this? It doesn't sound like him!

Marksveld said:
Yes I liked the first song and I am going to download the other one! Garm did vocals on this? It doesn't sound like him!

Nah, he only did some guest vocals. The main vocalist is Sanrabb or Dolgar (can't be bothered to go downstairs to find the booklet :p )

Ohhhh okay. "A Witch is Born" doesn't really float my boat, but I like "Seen Through The Veil Of Darkness", pretty cool atmosphere. Thanks for the mp3s sir!

Marksveld said:
Ohhhh okay. "A Witch is Born" doesn't really float my boat, but I like "Seen Through The Veil Of Darkness", pretty cool atmosphere. Thanks for the mp3s sir!

You're welcome. Now go buy the CD/LP or go wander eternally in the wintry realms of Narghan-Sulum.