A TSE x50 test that doesn't suck ass

brianhood

No Care Ever
I got a chance to fuck around with TSE x50 tonight, and this is what I came up with. I'll definitely be using the reamps I did with my Kemper in the final mix, but I thought the tone I got with this was very usable.

If you want settings, let me know. And if you want to just call me garbage, that's cool too.

EDIT: Here is a video going over settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds awesome, very usable and will show a lot of guys on this forum that it's not the tools they have, but the knowledge of how to use them well. I'd love to hear what you used on this (impulses? power amp to cab? post processing etc). Obviously your bass and drum processing it going to make a huge part of the tone, but I'd still definitely be interested.

t5t26p.jpg

It's a good tone for a demo and it's indeed "usable". I think the comment above about "knowing what you're doing" is a tad unfair. It shouldn't take a labour of love and auditioning and mixing up a million different impulses to try and get it to sound great. I spent hours tweaking the damn thing before I bought a Kemper. When I decided to stop mucking around with it the Kemper reamps dropped in on the first test and blew the TSE out of the water. So yeah...effort vs ease of use?

I have a great working system with my Kemper that I never need to even bother recording raw tracks for reamping anymore. I just get muh toanz I like from the start and don't worry about it. I feel , as a guitarist, that part of the tone is how you interact with the sound as a player. It never seems to sound as good after reamping.

It's a good tone for a demo and it's indeed "usable". I think the comment above about "knowing what you're doing" is a tad unfair. It shouldn't take a labour of love and auditioning and mixing up a million different impulses to try and get it to sound great. I spent hours tweaking the damn thing before I bought a Kemper. When I decided to stop mucking around with it the Kemper reamps dropped in on the first test and blew the TSE out of the water. So yeah...effort vs ease of use?

I have a great working system with my Kemper that I never need to even bother recording raw tracks for reamping anymore. I just get muh toanz I like from the start and don't worry about it. I feel , as a guitarist, that part of the tone is how you interact with the sound as a player. It never seems to sound as good after reamping.

My comment is more in reference to the people who ask questions seeking a magic bullet answer that will transform their mix or tone from okay to incredible with a single plugin or piece of hardware. With that being said, did you create your profiles yourself or download someone elses? Because if you used someone elses, chances are they took a labour of love getting a great tone to capture. Mixing isn't plug and play, it's an art form that takes years to master. Although I do agree with where you're coming from to some extent. This tone with X50 is better than what some people post here with a full amp set up and awesome preamps and mics, so knowing the tools is a huge part of it

My comment is more in reference to the people who ask questions seeking a magic bullet answer that will transform their mix or tone from okay to incredible with a single plugin or piece of hardware. With that being said, did you create your profiles yourself or download someone elses? Because if you used someone elses, chances are they took a labour of love getting a great tone to capture. Mixing isn't plug and play, it's an art form that takes years to master. Although I do agree with where you're coming from to some extent. This tone with X50 is better than what some people post here with a full amp set up and awesome preamps and mics, so knowing the tools is a huge part of it

Damn I coudn't agree more.

Sounds amazing. I absolutely love that GuitarHack impulse you're using- it got me what I still think is the best guitar tone I've ever achieved. Just has so much midrange balls.

The non-suckiness of the tones plus your humor made this quite the awesome demo video haha.