A Viking Metal Odyssey

The Borknagar CD is truly great (mabye because of Vintersorg's truly awesome vocals). The music is epic and powerful.

The Finntroll CD, entitled Nattfödd, is an exciting blend of Black Metal and polka with Troll themes!

The Falkenbach CD, entitled Ok Nefna Tysvar Ty, is quite an epic piece of Viking Metal.

Odin Owns Ye All by Einherjer is really awesome (probably the only great album from this band) it's Viking Metal through and through and doesn't rely on death or black vocals - pure singing and chants all the way through - amazing.

insidethefall said:
Odin Owns Ye All by Einherjer is really awesome (probably the only great album from this band) it's Viking Metal through and through and doesn't rely on death or black vocals - pure singing and chants all the way through - amazing.

I thought I was the only one thinking like that. Odin Owns Ye All is the first Einherjer album I bought and it really blew my mind. Previous albums, I didn't like. But I assumed Native Norwegian Art was going to be an extension of Odin.. So that was another disappointment. I haven't heard Blot, as you know, the band thinks they accomplished what they intended with Blot and given up Einherjer. I am curious about that album, but I don't want to get disappointed again. Anyway, Odin Owns Ye All is the best Einherjer album by far.

The only Einherjer albumn I have is Odin Owns Ye All.
I think some of their other albums sounds different (I need to check them out)
All I know is that album fucking kicks ass! When I think of that album I just think the word "Fun" for some reason, LOL.

A Viking metal band i recomend is Manegarm. Manegarm uses fiddles and some good clean vocal but a lot of good hardy growly vocals aswell.

Does anyone non-German think the song "Torfrock - Rollo der Wikinger" (Rollo the Viking) has anything like "Viking Spirit" within? The song is about the viking Rollo and his crew drinking mead/met/mjöd and sayling to England. (You will have no big problems to find that one using popular file sharing tools..*cough*) What do you think? :D

Not Viking metal but Skyforger is a fantastic folk metal band. Pretty soon when everyone catches on about them you will be seeing their name with Manegarm, Einherjer, Thyrfing, Moonsorrow.

Do yourself a favor and check them out now:

http://www.skyforger.lv

:headbang: