About deliverance

TheReaper

Cursed by medusa
Oct 14, 2001
in front of a PC
I've been listening to opeth for abouth 4 months now and now i have the money to buy something.

I just have one question about deliverance. How many of those acoustic mellow parts are included in this album?,

i have only downloaded the instrumental , it's good but i thought this was going to be a pure death style with growls and stuff like that

ok, here's the songs

Wreath - Hard, some mellow parts at the end.
Deliverance - Hard, some mellow parts at the middle and towards the end.
A Fair Judgement - Mellow song, large acoustic parts.
For Absent Friends - Instrumental.
Master's Apprentices - Heavy beginning, delves into acoustic mellow parts in the middle.
By the Pain I See in Others - Hard, some mellow mellotron parts in the latter half of the song.

Originally posted by TheReaper
I've been listening to opeth for abouth 4 months now and now i have the money to buy something.

I just have one question about deliverance. How many of those acoustic mellow parts are included in this album?,

i have only downloaded the instrumental , it's good but i thought this was going to be a pure death style with growls and stuff like that

If you want heavy, download the song "Blackwater Park". That should do you. But as far as mellow on 'Deliverance', it is there but not as prevalent. You should maybe start with 'Still Life' or 'Blackwater Park'.

Deliverance is raw. Buy it. You should also get Still Life is possible, or Black Water Park cuz it is full of soft parts. I love the two extremes between death and the beautiful singing and soft music/acoustic parts. Kicks ass. I am seeing them on the 27th, by myself which sucks but it'll be tight. I hope they rock my socks off.

Hm. Well, make sure you bring a back up pair, Musicatlas. You don't want to catch yourself a cold.
laugh3.gif

"How many of those acoustic mellow parts are included in this album?"

Is that what you're looking for? The mellower Opeth? Oaklain suggested some good albums like that above if so. If not, then I'd say get Deliverance. It doesn't lack as much of the mellow as I thought it might.

Mikael said that the albums Damnation and Deliverance were going to be soft and heavy respectively...but while making Deliverance he said that it just became like a regular Opeth album with mellow parts included in the songs...Damnation though he says is completely mellow...I haven't / won't listen to the leaked stuff...I'm waiting for the album like I did with Deliverance...so I'm just going on what Mikael has said in interviews and whatnot...

Originally posted by MUSICATLAS
Deliverance is raw. Buy it. You should also get Still Life is possible, or Black Water Park cuz it is full of soft parts. I love the two extremes between death and the beautiful singing and soft music/acoustic parts. Kicks ass. I am seeing them on the 27th, by myself which sucks but it'll be tight. I hope they rock my socks off.

You won't be by yourself...I'm going!

Koujo-
I haven't / won't listen to the leaked stuff...I'm waiting for the album like I did with Deliverance...so I'm just going on what Mikael has said in interviews and whatnot...

That's the road I like to take myself. It's fkn great to get it and bring it home and hear the first notes with the artwork staring you in the face and the lyrics...with headphones. It's totally worth it to wait until that very moment.

And Mr. Niel, the other one was sexy. This one? It's downright slutty. :lol:

blackwater park is the best i've heard yet, but i didnt get still life yet. i just got deliverance last week and it was a lot better than i thought it would be. a fair judgement is all pretty mellow with all regular singing.

Christina Aquilara is amazing. She's a goddess. I like it when she touches her boobies. Britney Spears looks like a cow, but not the kind to worship (I like it though, when she touches her boobies too, but not as much).

I think you misunderstood my words...i'm not a opeth newbie, I have Orchid, Still life and MAYH on cassette tape, those albums rock!! especially SL and MAYH but when I read months ago that deliverance was going to be all-heavy I said "whoa!! i have to buy it!" but now after you guys said i think i have to let go this one, sorry :( :cry:

this doesn't mean that i don't like opeth, they are master at what they do ..I respect them, so don't hate me for not getting deliverance.