About deliverance

There ya go!

By the way Reaper, you ARE missing out on some major heaviness in Deliverance. Don't just go by what other people say about it. You know, the individual is the one who makes the personal connections in music.

Here's hoping you'll someday hear Deliverance!
cheers.gif

Deliverance is amazing. I really can't understand these negative comments about it. It contains definitely all the elements which make the band the best thing around. Wreath, contraringly to all the twisted faces, is terrificly awesome. Deliverance, Fair Judgement and Master are pure bliss and Pain is almost orgasmic! I also love the so-talked-about end of Deliverance, the song. Without a doubt, it made our lives even more difficult to choose the "best Opeth album" and will make the polls even more drawed.

:lol: Discuss..

He didn't really have much identity when he started with MAYH, yet that came out great. Still Life is what I would call one of his best works before Deliverance. Blackwater Park he wasn't as outstanding, but for some reason he explodes on Deliverance.

Maybe it was the fact that the album was going to be heavy and the drums are a great way to start there. Maybe it was the first time Lopez was asked to be really creative and this is the outcome. I'd love to see an interview with him and Mendez.