Accurate about Black Metal? What do you think?

This article seems accurate while being having wonky writing in places and the typical Wikipedia lack of focus. In general though, Wikipedia can never be considered a proper academic source of information as long as they continue with their current system.

The standard position I've heard about wikipedia is one I completely agree on: as an academic site it's laughable, but as a site to learn about new subjects...it's top notch.

It would be nice if they could turn that site into a professional encyclopedia...or at least make a sister site that is one.

The standard position I've heard about wikipedia is one I completely agree on: as an academic site it's laughable, but as a site to learn about new subjects...it's top notch.

It would be nice if they could turn that site into a professional encyclopedia...or at least make a sister site that is one.

The owner was on 60 minutes or one of those 1 hour news shows not too long ago and he is in talks with going public and such. Don't remember the gist of it anymore but I'm sure it can be googled if you google his name.

As for the accuracy on Wiki... whatever you read on there can be independently verified on other sites. But this BM one seems to be pretty much accurate with minor mistakes if any. btw I always have heard akercocke as described as blackened death <shrugs>

Yeah, I've read that article before, it seemed very accurate giving good examples of bands and the ideology and what makes black metal what it is, I liked it. :)

It's accurate. Anyone can contribute to Wikipedia, and that article was no doubt written by someone who is into and knows black metal.

Definitely.

There are some really shitty articles out there, but this one is solid and informative.