AFL Grand Final

Chris Judd is Victorian. A rather handy Victorian at that!

I don't quite know where the press (and interstate premiers) are getting it from. I'm yet to meet someone who gives a fuck that two interstate teams are in the grand final. Interstate teams entered the VFL in 1987..... I know I'm not alone in thinking that I'd much rather see a Port or Brisbane premiership than a Carlton, Collingwood or Essendon one.

The two best sides in the AFL this year made the GF, so I've got no arguments. Brisbane aren't going to get any better, and I hope they drop off a bit next year. St Kilda and Geelong are on the way up, and will hopefully get at least one premiership each in the next 3-4 years. We haven't won since 1966 and Geelong since 1963, so it's about bloody time. Melbourne are due for one as well.

This year competing clubs are being allocated 8,000-10,000 seats each. The rest are split up among MCC members, AFL members, corporate wankers, and the other 14 clubs (each gets 1,000 each or something). So there are always plenty of people with tickets who don't support either of the competing clubs. The MCG's capacity is about 80,000 or so while it's being developed. It's going to be fucking great when it's finished.

I think the media is actually trying to get the Victorian fans upset about the idea, but most of them don't seem to care. From what I know of Melbourne, people will go to a football game down there regardless of who's playing, so it's not that big a deal. And Brisbane used to be a Melbourne team, anyway.

That's right. I hear far more about it in the media than anywhere else. Come to think about it, I haven't heard a single person complain at work or elsewhere so far. 90% of people wish it was a St Kilda v Geelong grand final, but now that both of us lost, people just seem to accept it and get on with it. They'll still pack the place out.

I'd rather see Brisbane with their 4th in a row than have Port take the flag. :(

Aussie_Outlaw said:

South Melbourne moved to Sydney.
That wasn't an entrance to the VFL though, that was a relocation!

I'm not sure who I want to win. Certainly don't want a Port premiership, but at least it would end Brisbane's domination. A domination that's been helped along by an extra $600,000 a year in the salary cap. Grrrrrrr.

Yeah its not that bad. Nobody cares that much... it's more a case that less people here will be quite as excited about it now because none of our teams are playing. There aren't many supporters of Port Adelaide & Brisbane in Melbourne, yet the grand final is held here (as it has been for 110 years or whatever, obviously because for about those first 95 years it was the VFL).