Akerfeldt and Gilmore . . . .

david gilmour has been a washed up old fuck since probably the early 80s, so this collaboration would blow

Gilmour is well known for not being exactly a big metal fan, so I'm pretty sure he doesn't listen to Opeth. Recently I made an interview with Arjen Lucassen (Ayreon) and he told me that David refused to make a guest solo on an Ayreon album because he hates metal and doesn't want to be involved in anything related to that genre.

I guess Mike enjoys Pink Floyd pretty much, though.

What you guys suck. Gilmour is the best guitar EVER IMO!!!

and he's washed up? WTF have you heard "On An Island" the cd is the best album that's been put out in the last 4 years, it owns Ghost Reveries, 10,000 days and any of these generic metal bands most of you praise.

Well if you gave Gilmour a copy of Damnation and he still was opposed to a collaboration, then there is no hope. I don't think that it's really even that necessary though, because Mike has a lot of Gilmour in him already. The vocal harmonies would be gorgeous, but it wouldn't be as interesting as a collab. with someone with a much different style of phrasing.

Nah Bro, don't really want to hear Gilmour wank off in the seventh position for even a minute.

I'm truly in shock and awe here. I can't believe how many people are bashing Gilmour. Floyd and Opeth are definitely my two favorite bands, but if I had to choose, it would be Floyd hands down. And Gilmour is definitely the best guitarist I've ever heard to date. I'm sure Mike would be pretty disappointed in you guys for bashing Gilmour...

I'm truly in shock and awe here. I can't believe how many people are bashing Gilmour. Floyd and Opeth are definitely my two favorite bands, but if I had to choose, it would be Floyd hands down. And Gilmour is definitely the best guitarist I've ever heard to date. I'm sure Mike would be pretty disappointed in you guys for bashing Gilmour...

Thank you. You are cool and I agree with everything you have just said

Pink Floyd > Opeth

Gilmour and Mike would make a GREAT mellow album without needing a metal slant. Mike has it in him to write gorgeous melodies, and Gilmour needs no explanation. The man communicates through his guitar. If they did a more Damnation style album, there is no end to the great music that could come of that. Both do great sorrowful guitar tones with hints of blues here and there. I would buy that album in a second, but it will never happen... much like a PF reunion...

and he's washed up? WTF have you heard "On An Island" the cd is the best album that's been put out in the last 4 years, it owns Ghost Reveries, 10,000 days and any of these generic metal bands most of you praise.

that statement gives me pains. best album of the last 4 years? it has a few good moments but the rest is all boring. i adore the first pink floyd records but the newer stuff is just meh ... and gilmour is not 20 anymore ...

Gilmour is amazing. But I find it kinda weird that he hates metal. It's okay that he doesn't like it, but hate? Strong word. And alot of the floyd stuff is pretty heavy imo.

Who gives a fuck if Gilmour likes metal or not, he is an outstanding player and that should be enough.

Indeed he is. I love his guitar playing, and most of my favourite musicians/bands are heavily influenced by him. However, he'd probably refuse collaborating with a metal musician, as he did with Arjen in the past (even though Arjen's song was't even metal).

Whether Gilmour likes metal or not he's still one of the best rock musicians ever, but this thread was originally meant for discussing about a collaboration between Mike and him, and I can't see it coming because of that.

:kickass:that's the collaboration I wanna see. Do you guys think David listens to Opeth? First time i heard Epilogue I was like "FUCKING PINK FLOYD"

:headbang: Good call, imagine mike and davey standing back to back at a live show playing the twin harmonic outro to epilouge:loco: mind bendingly brilliant it would be me thinks
make it happen at a city near me
:worship:notworthy:worship: