ALBUM N:O IV

Markku

Band Member
Sep 12, 2005
www.kiuas.net
"7.10.2009 - Status Update from Mikko

Yagshimash, ladies and gentlemen!

And greetings from the mountains of Crom, let me bring you songs from the wood...sorry, I got carried away. SO, it's been a while since we've informed you of our comings and goings on, and there have been some questions and speculations as to what Kiuas is up to, or are we up to anything...

WELL, fear not my comrades! To make a long story short: We'll be entering the studio no later than in the end of NOVEMBER, and start recording our fourth full-length studio album. There are about 10 new masterpieces almost completely written, which we are polishing and finetuning as I write these words. The album is set to be released in MARCH 2010 in Finland, other areas TBA. Naturally this is and has been the reason for not doing gigs for a while, since the writing, arranging and practing of the songs demands our full focus. After the release, we will start touring, the dates will be announced once confirmed (but hold your horses until next year, kids!).

As to what can you expect: expect nothing and everything! After all, making a Kiuas record is like pouring dragon egg yolk, absinth and Tabasco into Frank Zappa's mouth while his asleep and asking him to write a symphony about the dreams he had when he wakes up... although, ...well anyway... OR, going out with the members of Kiuas: you never know what's gonna happen.

SO, stay tuned, boys and girls, and don't forget to change your underwear and brush your teeth...and remember your carbs and proteins before you go wooly mammoth hunting!

Yours TRULY,
Mikko Cromeros Ilmarinen, high priest and cupbearer, KIUAS"

So is this going to be that concept album that Mikko mentioned he'd like to write a while back? :D

Not yet!
Although I've thought about it, now's not the time. Also, writing-wise a, a concept album can be sort of limiting - as you know, I like to fuse a lot of styles, and when writing songs they can turn out to be too different, or just that some of the music wouldn't fit into the same...well, CONCEPT. :D So, this one's going to be "just" a good collection of kiuas songs, different kinds. Discarding the lyrics, these songs would be hard to even force into a concept album, musically. (Although it's not meaningful to even consider doing that)

Also, when we some day decide to do that concept album, it has to be just perfect. :D We'll need a looser time table and maybe a bigger budget, and so forth.

Well, I'm sure a concept album will be worth the wait. I'm glad to hear you want to invest much into it and make sure it's perfect. The fact that it's Kiuas alone is enough to ensure that it will be the best concept album ever, but with your strict demands I'm sure it will be even better than that.

new kiuas? AWSOME!! been listening to you guys a lot lately, your one of the few power metal bands I really like. Hope this next one will live up to the exelence of your past three! any idea when its comming stateside?

Recordings of the 4th KIUAS studio album has just started at Sonic Pump Studios. The producer for the entire project will be Janne Joutsenniemi. Janne was already involved with the pre-production of the last album. Mikko Karmila at Finnvox will mix the album. The album mastering is booked for the end of January 2010 and will be done by Svante Forsbäck at Chartmakers. Spinefarm has set the 1st of April 2010 as the album release date (Finland, other countries TBA).

Check out the Studio Diary 2009!

Sounds awesome. Faster and more epic? Yes please. Plus a ballad AND an acoustic track? Sounds like this one is gonna have everything.

I've just read that the 2nd bonus track will be Song For The Fells re-mixed, which is unquestionably my favourite Kiuas song, so I'm overjoyed but my question is... why this song ??? I mean, why this song again ? :loco:
You've already re-recorded it from the demo, I think it's strange to act like this.
Because this (magnificent) song which you seem to enjoy a lot is available on the demo Born Under The Northern Lights, on the EP Winter In June, and soon as a bonus track, so what's the problem with this song ? :lol: why is it not an official album song ?? :loco:

just saw the anouncement on skulls-n-bones, the first bonus track will be This Love by Pantera, to apier on the metal hammer dime tribute compalition released on december 16th

This is GREAT news, I got caught up in all this 2009 music, I forget to check back here and see what's up with Kiuas!

Very excited to get my hands on the new album.

P.S. Hope to see you guys in the states again, but glad I got to meet and hang out with all you guys the first time. :)