Album news

"Spirar Och Gror" - "Spires And Grows"
Can the word "spire" really be used as a verb with the meaning "to sprout" (instead of the meaning "long, pointy pole-thing")? The title is really a tautology, both "spirar" and "gror" means pretty much the same thing ("sprouts"), but it is an often used phrase.

"Spirar Och Gror" - "Spires And Grows"
reminds me of plants and bacteria. Gró in my language are little capsules that are offsprings off bacteria that can withstand warm, cold and harsh conditions for a long time until feasible conditions arise their growth.

YYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don´t expect some TF or ÖS pt II, but I'd missed your norse pagan metal for years!!!!

I hope this approach to the older times brings back Otyg... (I'm just dreaming)

then... the new album will be some kind of Cosmic Genesis? the Mr V description reminds me a lot to it.

Hmm, it will probably sound more like CG than ÖS or TF, but then again, I don't think it will sound anything like CG either. Because if there's one thing I've learned with Vintersorg it's...

Expect the unexpected!

then... the new album will be some kind of Cosmic Genesis? the Mr V description reminds me a lot to it.

As Draugen said above it will probably sound like nothing we've heard before. The description was probably given to paint a very basic picture of the album. How does one describe music properly with words? We shall hear for ourselves.

Hmm, it will probably sound more like CG than ÖS or TF, but then again, I don't think it will sound anything like CG either. Because if there's one thing I've learned with Vintersorg it's...

Expect the unexpected!

sure, I'm just trying to imagine how'll be the new work... is very probable that Solens Rötter be totally different to the previous releases.

I hope at least in one song a Viking voice performance, like TF or HH... but I don't think it happens, it's just a dream...

"hymn-like passages mixed with soothing parts, acoustic guitars are present as well as harsh black metal elements; all filtered through our Nordic minds. the songs feels very fluent and bear the atmosphere of nature"... oh my god :worship:

thanks for the translations Draugen.

i hope it has more of the deep resonant,fjord creating,frost giant slaying baritone vocals that we heard so much of from the early albums...."i got a fever,and the only cure is more testosterone"

Yeah, thatd be nice to see, but itll kick ass without it too:)