Albums currently displeasing your ass

134128.jpg

2961.jpg

Laughably bad vocals and lyrics, for the most part IMHO. The music itself isn't impressive enough to redeem these either. Very disappointed with this band!

I find myself in agreement.

Bubbler Ripper said:
This album was jvst so disappointing. I couldn't find any merits in it except blades for baal. Horrible stylistic shift on their part.

This was fairly terrible. "Radikult" sounds like a Marilyn Manson song.

cover_148825122008.jpg

Really don't get what people see in this album, I just find the vocals and lyrics absolutely horrible.
Bought in mostly based on the reviews it's gotten, and am severely disappointed.

It does have some nice album art though.

I prefer Hall Of the Mountain King but I don't find anything especially displeasing about that album. If I remember correctly the vocals have some kind of theatrical style to them, if that makes sense.

I don't consider myself an opeth fanboy or obsessive over Opeth, but I trully believe Mikael Åkerfeldt is a musically genius. The album is too good. And side note I like the new Morbid Angel. It has plenty of regular solid old school sounding Ma stuff on it.

I prefer Hall Of the Mountain King but I don't find anything especially displeasing about that album. If I remember correctly the vocals have some kind of theatrical style to them, if that makes sense.

Yeah I love Hall of the Mountain King and Sirens, but Edge of Thorns just doesn't do it for me at all. And yeah the vocals definitely have a theatrical style, I just can't stand it personally.

Really don't get what people see in this album, I just find the vocals and lyrics absolutely horrible.
Bought in mostly based on the reviews it's gotten, and am severely disappointed.

It does have some nice album art though.

I felt that way about it for a while but I got over it somehow (although it's still a below average Savatage for me). There's definitely something off in the singing, almost Blaze Bayley-level when he tries for some of the highs. The 80's-glam production and general song-oriented approach (even in their non-conceptual albums from Mountain King onwards there seems to be some kind of album-unifying sound) hurt it too. Criss Oliva makes the album though, every solo is <3.

If you've only heard those three there's a good possibility you won't like anything beyond Hall of the Mountain King, however.

I felt that way about it for a while but I got over it somehow (although it's still a below average Savatage for me). There's definitely something off in the singing, almost Blaze Bayley-level when he tries for some of the highs. The 80's-glam production and general song-oriented approach (even in their non-conceptual albums from Mountain King onwards there seems to be some kind of album-unifying sound) hurt it too. Criss Oliva makes the album though, every solo is <3.

If you've only heard those three there's a good possibility you won't like anything beyond Hall of the Mountain King, however.
The solos are definitely awesome but doesn't quite do enough to win me over. :/

And yeah I listened to some snippets of the other albums and wasn't particularly fond of it either. Maybe it'll grow on me in time, who knows. :)

That describes most of the Hypocrisy songs I've heard. I think I must have overlooked that one though, because a song titled "Exclamation of a Necrofag" can't possibly be less than amazing.

I don't consider myself an opeth fanboy or obsessive over Opeth, but I trully believe Mikael Åkerfeldt is a musically genius. The album is too good. And side note I like the new Morbid Angel. It has plenty of regular solid old school sounding Ma stuff on it.

Heritage is the best thing that ever happend to Opeth.

albume-artwork.jpg

Worst of all time? Losing brain cells from listening to this tough guy tribal tattoo crap! Too tough for school is the new cool it seems. Jesus fuck christ, this is fucking sad. From one song to another, "I dont give a fuck about you", next songs starts with "I spoke to GOD today". I cant listen to another second of this shit out the ass.

I feel that way too. I like some Opeth, I'm not crazy about them, but I do admire Akerfeldt. I actually like Heritage for what it is. If you think it's boring, go listen to Storm Corrosion, that's fucking boring as all hell.

I think I've let Heritage sit long enough to give it a real listen. I actually really like prog rock but I havent really liked anything newer, at least since Porcupine Tree was doing Pink Floyd imitations, instead of sounding like Tool like they do now.