Albums currently displeasing your ass

2397.jpg

Trying to test out some unheard "classics" from the late 70s/ early 80s. No idea why people think this record is notable. The music is pretty generic and the vocalist is kind of annoying.

I was a little disappointed with Surgical Steel the first few spins, but suddenly it clicked and been playing that shit loud non stop. I'd even go as far as to say its a classic!

Struggling with Colored Sands by Gorguts at the moment. It's the first album of theirs I've bought, and thought I'd give them a chance. Not what I expected at all. Very dark and atmospheric, but I'm not enjoying it at the moment.

Can't really speak for his solo shit but PT is just sad. He thinks he's making some profound art and he's just flat out copying Pink Floyd and Tool. And don't get me started on Tool....

Just because it sounds like another band, doesn't mean you can't like it. I think Wilson's a douche, but I still enjoy PT and Blackfield.

Trying to test out some unheard "classics" from the late 70s/ early 80s. No idea why people think this record is notable. The music is pretty generic and the vocalist is kind of annoying.

I haven't heard that one, but Wheels of Steel is pretty enjoyable, you might want to give it a shot.

Struggling with Colored Sands by Gorguts at the moment. It's the first album of theirs I've bought, and thought I'd give them a chance. Not what I expected at all. Very dark and atmospheric, but I'm not enjoying it at the moment.

Spin it a few more times and it will click, especially if you were expecting something that sounded closer to OSDM. Trust me, give it a few more spins. It's rare that i get blown away by an album during my intial listen, but Colored Sands was one of those albums. You might want to check out their first two albums, some top notch OSDM.

MooDoom, i dont really know why but i wouldn't have expected you to not like that album.

Yeah, it's one of those weird ones where I can tell its quality, but I'm just not enjoying it yet. The title track has a cool atmosphere to it and Enemies of Compassion seems to be a standout, but I'm not giving up in it. I didn't expect a clean guitar tone.

MooDoom, i dont really know why but i wouldn't have expected you to not like that album.

lol I was really perplexed trying to make sense of what you said because I was darn sure that this was the albums currently kicking your ass thread :yell:. Had even forgotten that this thread existed. Beats me, that's what I get for posting on forums while I am in the middle of work...:(

Moving the post to where it should be now...Ulcerate slays :kickass: Even tho I am harder to please when it comes to tech or brutal death as opposed to old school death, but there are some bands I do like in those styles, Ulcerate being one of them.

Endless+EP+Mount+Salem+++2013.jpg

Three songs in and it is not looking good. Boring, generic and Emily's vocals can get quite annoying, specially when she tries to reach high notes (which happens often), at which point she is simply shouting. No subtlety or melody to her voice whatsoever.

I'll spin it another time later on but so far no good.

Eh. It's okay. Jess & the ancient ones and blood ceremony are my favorite bands of the type. It doesn't measure up to them but I think its promising. And hey at least its not an hour long like every The Devils Blood album.

Eh. It's okay. Jess & the ancient ones and blood ceremony are my favorite bands of the type. It doesn't measure up to them but I think its promising. And hey at least its not an hour long like every The Devils Blood album.

the devil's blood aren't really a band i'd say compares to those kinds of bands anyways

way different sound (and way better sound too)

I wouldn't expect someone who enjoys slipknot to be able to comprehend such an album.

edit: that album will fucking break you ears and reprogram your head ... most people arent ready for what they're getting themselves into with it.

Boring Schuldiner riffs + flatulent DiGiorgio bass + overacting Aymar + drum masturbation = pure shit. I don't hate 90's Death on a whole like some people do, and think his streamlined melodic approach to tech/flash-metal on Symbolic was very well done, but that one is way too much.

I remember Overkill III having a cool Phantom of the Opera-style melodic bridge, but otherwise yeah, pretty much their worst album.

I wouldn't expect someone who enjoys slipknot to be able to comprehend such an album.

edit: that album will fucking break you ears and reprogram your head ... most people arent ready for what they're getting themselves into with it.

Nice try but no. The fact that it is technical and complex does not makes an album good and me not liking Gorguts' Obscura has nothing to do with it being technical and complex. It has to do with the horrible vocals which sound like someone doing a parody of death metal, the incoherent songwriting, no scratch that, there is really no songwriting/structure to be seen in any of the songs, which makes the whole album a chore to listen to and on top of that it is WAY too long. It is really not a good album.

And yeah, I enjoy Slipknot, but I also enjoy Necrophagist, whose album Onset of Putrefaction very much kills Gorguts' Obscura by being highly technical/complex while at the same time managing to write proper songs.

Onset of Putrefaction is nothing like Obscura tbh, although the discussion of Slipknot/nu metal is somewhat ironic here since the latter bears stronger resemblance to early Mudvayne.

... I'm just going to go ahead and ignore your last post burgerboy.

Death+Angel+-+The+Ultra+Violence.jpg

... just awful, wanted to go through it again before i give their new album a shot.

I remember Overkill III having a cool Phantom of the Opera-style melodic bridge, but otherwise yeah, pretty much their worst album.

I remember their first two being just as bad, but it's been years since i've listened to 'em.