Albums currently displeasing your ass

That Steve Wilson fellow is a preachy and arrogant son of a bitch who fancies himself to be quite the deep and profound artist person guy dude dontcha think eh? I don't know too much about PT's music but god damn is that fucking guy an annoying and stuck up snob or what, I mean jesus christ every fucking interview is him going on some sort tangent about the music industry being corrupt and about how him and his Opeth buddies are too mature for metal or some shit. I just wish some musicians would just shut the fuck up sometimes.

morbid-angel-illud-divinum-insanus.jpg

:puke:

/thread

That Steve Wilson fellow is a preachy and arrogant son of a bitch who fancies himself to be quite the deep and profound artist person guy dude dontcha think eh? I don't know too much about PT's music but god damn is that fucking guy an annoying and stuck up snob or what, I mean jesus christ every fucking interview is him going on some sort tangent about the music industry being corrupt and about how him and his Opeth buddies are too mature for metal or some shit. I just wish some musicians would just shut the fuck up sometimes.

I can agree with that. He once said he was offended because people were comparing PT to Pink Floyd. lol

Anyways, I still like the music.

Carcass-Surgical-Steel.jpg

:puke:Carcass - Surgical Steel

Metallica - St. Anger
Cryptopsy - The Unspoken King
Morbid Angel - Illud Divinum Insanus

This is JUST AS BAD as any of the albums above, if not worse. Worst metal album Ive heard so far in 2013.

It's not that bad at all. Extremely solid melodic death metal. (Something this board doesn't like) Arnez is a shit poster and probably one of the idiots that thought they were going to come back and play goregrind.

I'm about to give it another go once i finish up listening to Necroticism ... which i think has now officially bumped Symphonies out of the top sot for me.

Arnez is actually pretty cool, aside from all the glam :p ... i'm thinking maybe he's just not a fan of Carcass' melodic side? At the same, Surgical Steel shows plenty of teeth... sharp ones at that, very aggressive.

edit: 1/2 star for all of their albums?? Cmon bro.

TheNightsBane, yeah thats you man! Hair metal and death metal is (almost) all you'll ever need ;)

My opinions have always been insane and out of sync, like a woman on a constant menstrual cycle. So opinions can change drastic over time. But Carcass is now dead to me, can`t stand any of their releases anymore. They just doesn't matter to me, putting them on gives me the same joy as listening to Radiohead. Too old, too cold. Exhumed took their place 15 years ago anyways and are doing it so much better with their fine piece of deathgrind action :kickass:

*I guess this made more sense in my head. Anyways, still love you all!

btw V5 been around lately?

I was pretty disappointed with The Black Dahlia Murder's new album Everblack. IDK, just compared to Nocturnal, Deflorate, and Ritual I just did not dig it like the others. Maybe it was just knowing the fact that Shannon and Bart left the band but what do you guys think?

control-deniedalbum.jpg

The more I listen to this the more it sounds like self-parody. Some of the most boring and predictable riffs out there.

I'm about to give it another go once i finish up listening to Necroticism ... which i think has now officially bumped Symphonies out of the top sot for me.

Yeah that's where it is for me. To tell the truth, I found Heartwork to be a bit average and their albums have been like that since.

Filming himself smashing ipods was taking it a bit to far, but I agree with him bitching about music becoming a throwaway consumable and overloud - bring back the lushly produced albums/packages with nice artwork. Which is what he's been doing.

So...what the fuck happend to music?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't really speak for his solo shit but PT is just sad. He thinks he's making some profound art and he's just flat out copying Pink Floyd and Tool. And don't get me started on Tool....

Lightbulb Sun doesn't really sound that much like either imo. I can't really get into them either, though.