Albums currently displeasing your ass

Flemming Ronsdorf is amazing and if you don't love his vocals you're probably a false.

I like the majority of Artillery's albums but I can't stand Flemming Rönsdorf's vocals in Deadly Relics. Take Khomaniac as an example, the guitar in the intro are giving me goosebumps and when the vocals comes in it just ruins it for me.

EDIT: I actually got to say that Michael Bastholm Dahl is their best vocalist so far.

I like the majority of Artillery's albums but I can't stand Flemming Rönsdorf's vocals in Deadly Relics. Take Khomaniac as an example, the guitar in the intro are giving me goosebumps and when the vocals comes in it just ruins it for me.

EDIT: I actually got to say that Michael Bastholm Dahl is their best vocalist so far.

Oooooh, I wasn't initially sure what that Deadly Relics comp was, but looking into it it's a demo comp. Just in case you don't know, Ronsdorf isn't actually singing on those early (1983-1984) demos, it's some other dude. I've only listened to the demo version of Khomaniac once and don't remember if the vocals there were too different from the studio version or not, though.

But anyways, those early demos are incredible, and I listen to them more than the demos of pretty much any other first/second-tier thrash band. Sabbath-y thrash is a rare treasure to be savored. Deeds of Darkness (the demo) actually sounds a little better than Fear of Tomorrow imo, if only because the guitar tone has such a stronger buzzsaw sound to it.

Aborted's new album is hilariously bad, I actually liked Global Flatline to a certain extent but it seems they're taking the easy path by going by modern metal music trends. It happens with every damn band, once they get popular their music starts to get more accessible to "regular" folks and people like me start rejecting their music as it were some form of forced homosexuality.

I wouldn't exactly call them popular and I really don't think a band called "Aborted" would ever appeal to "regular folks" regardless of what kind of music they played. I haven't heard the new album yet so I can't give an opinion on it but I'm still looking forward to it.

Well considering we're in the context of heavy music, "regular folks" would be the ones listening to deathcore, modern metalcore, nu metal, etc.

NOVEMBERS-DOOM-Bled-White.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzz...

I like November's Doom, but this one really did nothing for me on the first spin, it is an hour long but it felt like two. I plan to give it another spin some time to see if I warm up to it.

CattleDecapitation-TheHarvestFloor.jpg

... just not digging this one as much as i used to. Starts off kind of strong, then goes to shit after the 3rd track ... but ends on somewhat of a high note with the closer. Man their vocalist NEVER shuts the fuck up. His barking delivery really starts to get annoying after a while.