Albums currently displeasing your ass

warbringersixcover.jpg

Since I like their earlier stuff I gave this one another try but HELL NO. This Thrash album is pure Trash.

Hmmm, have you heard any of their other albums? How'd you like em?

While not as good as Worlds Torn Asunder, IMO it's just as good as their first two. I just don't see how people can dig their previous albums but trash that one ... doesn't make sense to me.

TheDevilsBlood-TabulaRasa.jpg

No suprise that Selim has killed himself, what a total braindead human waste that guy was. Spit on his grave.

The first Pilgrim album wasn't very good so that's not a surprise really.

Also, arnez keeps reminding me he needs to go back on my ignore list. Fucking retard.
I'm glad TDB released that unfinished version of the final album. It's really rough and drawn out, a tough listen for sure, but the quality is there. There will also never be a "lost album" now. I liked it enough I dumped the cheap version I had for the hard bound, gold embossed version.

401867.jpg

Had a friend bug me into checking this out. I made it a good two minutes past the intro. That fucking guy needed jailed for this, not trying to have his wife killed.

Yeah As I lay dying's reject riffs with lyrics about the Terminator. No thanks. Even as a parody band I don't understand why people actually enjoy it.

Hmmm, have you heard any of their other albums? How'd you like em?

While not as good as Worlds Torn Asunder, IMO it's just as good as their first two. I just don't see how people can dig their previous albums but trash that one ... doesn't make sense to me.

I can see why other people would dislike IV, there are a lot of changes from the previous albums. New vocal styles, new lyrical content, new variety in the music. Personally I like experimentation in thrash so this ends up being my current favorite Warbringer album. They did multiple albums about war with fast thrash, I'm ok with them changing it up and trying something new. But War Without End is my current 2nd and previous favorite album of theirs (their album with the lowest overall rating), so what do I know right?

I can see why other people would dislike IV, there are a lot of changes from the previous albums. New vocal styles, new lyrical content, new variety in the music. Personally I like experimentation in thrash so this ends up being my current favorite Warbringer album. They did multiple albums about war with fast thrash, I'm ok with them changing it up and trying something new. But War Without End is my current 2nd and previous favorite album of theirs (their album with the lowest overall rating), so what do I know right?

Not enough change for someone who is a fan of their previous albums to trash it ... well at least in my opinion there isnt. Not liking it as much? Sure. But enjoying their previous albums and calling this one trash? I just don't see it. Personally, i like all of their albums ... one of the best "modern" thrash bands around.

I can't believe I am saying this but the new Agalloch is a total disaster. No progression...regression in fact. A total letdown.

Considering that Marrow was a regression in sound as well, I'm not entirely surprised but I will have to listen to this one first before taking a stance.

All you faggots talking about "regression". Nothing wrong with a reggresive sound. I haven't heard the latest Agalloch yet but I am eager to do so, I expect good things.

I'm really enjoying the new Agalloch album to be honest. I'm about two tracks in, but like what I'm hearing so far.

Edit: Okay so with further listening, it is very monotonous. No standout tracks as of yet and I'm more than halfway through it. I did like the first 13 minutes of it, but it really plays it safe the rest of the way through.