Albums currently displeasing your ass

All you faggots talking about "regression". Nothing wrong with a reggresive sound. I haven't heard the latest Agalloch yet but I am eager to do so, I expect good things.

There is when it is literally nothing but rehashing what they've previously done - and fail to do the old sound better.

Oh lord, we are to the point in Agalloch's career when when the only thing we can bitch about is that they sound like themselves.

Mort: Why can't they just continue making great albums, why is it mandatory that they expand their sound? Even if they are just rehashing Marrow of the Spirit, I can't think of many better albums to rehash.

I think people have come to expect too much from Agalloch lately. Maybe they don't want to experiment for the sake of experimentation. Maybe they just want to make some bitchin' black metal.

The whole point is that they did NOT make a great album. Like others have said there are no standout tracks, no ethereal melodies, no haunting or atmospheric moments. There is no melancholy at all. It's an album full of monotony.

I'm not one to defend Agalloch due to the fact that they're music simply doesn't appeal to me but there are countless albums from countless bands full of basically what you just described verbatim. So I don't see how something being monotonous or a band not progressing that much from album to album is a big deal.

I'm amazed how many people are jumping to conclusions about an album that just came out. Give it 6-7 listens before condemning it (or glorifying it, for that matter). Agalloch have never been one of those bands whose albums tend to take a while to reveal themselves anyway.

Approaching any Agalloch album with the outlook that it may become enjoyable is a sign of incredible gullibility. I bet you guys loan money to unscrupulous family members as well. You black metal fucks are supposed to be nihilistic, not loyal.

Goddamn I wish you would stop posting. I can't tell if you're trying to elicit a reaction or if you truly have opinions this shitty.

1228036336_9820.jpg

Instrumental: holy fucking shit!
Vocals: urgh...

Approaching any Agalloch album with the outlook that it may become enjoyable is a sign of incredible gullibility. I bet you guys loan money to unscrupulous family members as well. You black metal fucks are supposed to be nihilistic, not loyal.

But Agalloch has never been black metal really so?

Anyways, I've been enjoying the new one more than Marrow so idk

They have always had varying degrees of black tinges. They may not have been BM in the strict sense, but Marrow of the Spirit is undebatably a black metal album.

61oPONIjHRL.jpg

Sometimes I enjoy this album. Right now, not at all. So much shitty alternative metal/rock on this one. The Wrong Song and Snake Charming sound like straight-up Soundgarden rejects.

I don't put any stock in the three people talking it downs opinion anyway. Still very hopeful.

Ouch :(
Well to be clear, it's different to say it's predictable than it's bad. It's not a bad album by any means. Just some ideas in it aren't hashed out well. Do I need more listens? Of course only listened to it twice. But anyways enough about Agalloch.