Albums currently displeasing your ass

Although its not as good as the albums preceding it, it does have it's moments and I still enjoy it just as much as any of their releases. Aside from the tracks already mentioned, I fucking love Twin Dummy.

Didn't you even enjoy Cage of Mirrors?

Relistened to the entire album. It's no better on second listen and I have no idea how CIG could consider this his favorite metal album.

As for Cage of Mirrors, the fruity pre-verse part might be the worst part of the entire album. Once it gets into the more groovy metal passage at 2:30, it's legitimately good, but of course that fruity pre-verse has to come back. A very up and down song.

Overall, seems like a C-/D+ album after two listens.

the closing epic on INVASION is pretty awesome iirc. the rest is like hawkwind worship or something. oh i remember 'street jammer' kinda reminds me of the fall lol

utter sh1t
302987.jpg

It's in my top 5 and has been for years. "In Remembrance" is the only song I can think he might be referring to, but it's just an outro and can easily be skipped. Small price to pay when the album features pinnacles of the genre such as "Fall From Grace", "Blessed are the Sick" and "The Ancient Ones". Vincent's vocals are among the best ever for the genre as well imo. Sounds absolutely fucking disgusted at everything.

They've played "Fall From Grace" all three times I've seen them and it's never failed to send me into a headbanging frenzy.

I mean I can kinda see an argument for Altars being superior (even though I disagree), but Covenant?! Good album, but really inconsistent imo. Certainly nothing approaching the mastery of Blessed are the Sick.

l would have said exactly that 20 years ago..lve always said that is Morbid Angel showing the world how to make a DM album. But in honesty if the first half was released with Altars it would be the master DM album of forever. Some of the older tunes like Abominations (the second half) The Ancient Ones, these tracks do not belong on Blessed. Saying that l still think it rules pretty much supreme over all DM and it will be at the top of my 1991 playlist.