Albums currently displeasing your ass

The drum playing is inferior but the drum sound is better on Abominations of Desolation in my opinion. I know that clicking sound doesn't bother you but I just cannot get past it. It has no impact whatsoever.

The guitar tone is the worst part. Morrisound produced some of the shittiest sounding guitar tones. Tortured Existence would be another case of that.

The drum playing is inferior but the drum sound is better on Abominations of Desolation in my opinion. I know that clicking sound doesn't bother you but I just cannot get past it. It has no impact whatsoever.
I don't even know what you mean tbh. The kick drum? There is plenty of bass response under the click.

The guitar tone is the worst part. Morrisound produced some of the shittiest sounding guitar tones. Tortured Existence would be another case of that.
The guitar tone is fine. It's an odd mix, that's all. Everything is pretty tight, dry and compressed except for the snare & toms, which are huge and wet. I like that you can hear everything, including the bass guitar. It's definitely not a typical Morrisound sounding production.

A04Fy6i.jpg

A glorified compilation record and an awful one at that. You're better off just listening to the original albums.

61S3jD9bJfL.jpg

One of the most disappointing releases of 1984. When I originally got this from a local record store on CD in grade school, I was so excited to hear what these gentlemen would have done in one of the best years the genre of metal ever had, especially considering how much I liked Power and the Glory. Despite the excellent title track, the entire album just proves to be an utterly limp-wristed farce of an album. At best, it's mediocre (discounting the title track, of course) and at its worst, it is downright embarrassing.

Of course, the album cover only exacerbated this disappointment. I mean, you have an army being led by a bunch of knights on horseback through a battlefield of sand and corpses and you get an wealth of songs like Just Let Me Rock and...A Little Bit of What You Fancy. Ugh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vilden and CiG
There is no metal band on the planet worse than the musical hebenon you regularly pour down your ears.

Well, shit. I guess since Serjeant Grumbles has owned me so badly I should just go cry into my beer while I listen to Carly Rae Jepsen.

Or you could learn to stop being a "darker than thou" cock who has to have everything be sad or evil to enjoy it. Live your life a little you goddamn killjoy.

Or you could learn to stop being a "darker than thou" cock who has to have everything be actually good or not complete trash to enjoy it.
@Serjeant Grumbles Yeah, LISTEN TO THIS MAN! :p

Well, shit. I guess since Serjeant Grumbles has owned me so badly I should just go cry into my beer while I listen to Carly Rae Jepsen.
I thought that you cried in your beer regularly upon the realization of your somewhat horrid taste. Sorry, my mistake.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
The Frozen Tears of Angels is a fucking great album, probably on par with E·MO·TION, blew me away and made me realize that I really need to reevaluate their discography. Never really got around to doing that though.

Reactions: CiG

Or you could learn to stop being a "darker than thou" cock who has to have everything be sad or evil to enjoy it. Live your life a little you goddamn killjoy.

This is "sad and/or evil"?

That sure is news to me.

Reactions: CiG
considering you once said that if music doesn't use pathos in some way then you don't like it

why would i assume you like something like that?

considering you once said that if music doesn't use pathos in some way then you don't like it

why would i assume you like something like that?

I also said that music can be both dark and uplifting. Those two songs have alluring melodies, using minor scales, which have a dark connotation. I wouldn't go so far as to call them dark, but they definitely avoid the bland cheeriness usually conveyed by major scales. Music cannot be sexy or romantic to me if it's bland.