albums for kickass solos

zim18

Feb 11, 2006
Violence - Eternal Nightmare
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Death - Leprosy

these are my top 3, feel free to contribute

Metal Church is the epitome of cheesy shit. Dream Theater's Train of Thought is an absolute wank fest for soloing though.

I only had a few of the South of Heaven songs (self titled, Mandatory Suicide, and Ghosts of War). Whenever I listened to the entire album I actually started to really like it. South of Heaven isn't an album to listen to with just bits and pieces like most albums are.

While I need to agree with some above posts on the greatness of the soloing on Metallica's earlier albums, Rust in Peace is all that more incredible.

Also, Annihilator's Alice in Hell and Never, Neverland are both incredibly technical and brilliant guitar solo albums.

Behemoth had good solos for (when they were) a black metal band. And their current solos are great too.

satanica :headbang: everytime i listen to the alchemist's dream, it always strikes me that the solo on unhallowed - dissection would fit perfectly if it followed it :p

First is the obvious: Pantera-Vulgar
Others that shred:
BLS-Mafia
Death-Sound of Perseverance (w/out a fucking doubt)
Carcass-Heartwork (Steers solos are GODlike)
All That Remains-Fall of Ideals (not huge fan of metalcore but these guys rip it up)
Megadeth-RIP