Alcoholics Anonymous Thread

Does anyone else find it funny when you talk to someone about their drunken escapade that they never remember, or barely remember anything about the night except the EXACT number of and kind of drinks they had. Everything else is a blur except this shit ton list of alcohol they had. Well I do. I find it hilarious, mainly because I know most of the time people are completely full of shit.

P.S. Getting plastered to get plastered is retarded. Astrum's story made me shake my head and just utter the word 'Dumbass.'

Does anyone else find it funny when you talk to someone about their drunken escapade that they never remember, or barely remember anything about the night except the EXACT number of and kind of drinks they had. Everything else is a blur except this shit ton list of alcohol they had. Well I do. I find it hilarious, mainly because I know most of the time people are completely full of shit.

P.S. Getting plastered to get plastered is retarded. Astrum's story made me shake my head and just utter the word 'Dumbass.'

Hey, I felt like getting plastered. What else do you do when you get a 33 oz bottle of Doers for free? Damn.

Yeah my story was based on what people told me btw. I remeber up to the part about 10 min. before I started puking. Everything else is a blur until the last day of the hospital.

I rarely ever get plastered and always stop when I notice that I'm a little extra social. That's the main reason I know how much I drink. However, this weekend was nuts.

I will come right out and admit it: I don't drink for drinking, for taste, for any of that shit. I drink to get wasted. Always. Every time. And I used to drink fairly often before that incident. Now I can't stand the taste of alchohol (although I'm sure those feelings will fade soon enough)

But I drink to get fucking drunk. Same as some smoke to get high. I'm more into drugs than drinking anyway.

Does anybody actually drink beer because they like it and in moderation? You know, say, like you would normally drink something? I mean, you rarely hear of people binging on a 12 pack of coke, or chugging a gallon of water. So clearly most people drink to get drunk, and not because it's a good beverage. You don't normally take in that much liquid...and I don't care for getting drunk, so I don't bother drinking. Plus all of the beer I've tasted has been shit.
People in college tend to know next to nothing about beer, which is why they drink beers that taste like nothing, like Bud Light.

I drink beers to get drunk on occasion, but I much prefer to have a moderate amount of good beers. I consider the following to range from very good to excellent, and these aren't too hard to find. I've had something like 110 different beers now.

Anchor Steam
Bass Ale
Bitburger
Franziskaner Hefe Weiss
Goose Island beers
Guinness
Ommegang beers
Pilsner Urquell
Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout
Unibroue beers

American macrobrews suck.

@Astrum: You were drinking Dewar's scotch. There's no such thing as Doer's. Pronounced the same way though.

I went on holiday to Minorca 3 years ago. One night I went to a restaurant with a mate of mine and started drinking sangria and smoking weed (it's spain, you can do what you fuckin like). After aproximately 6 litres we couldn't even see the guys on the table right in front of us. I don't remember why, we started smashing glasses on the floor and sticking knives on the table. We got kicked out.

We got in the car to drive to a disco but along the way we saw a police car flashing the lights at us. We were so pissed we just started givin em V signs and wiggling the car all around the place until we crashed it into a field. We got out of the car and started running. I collapsed and woke up in the morning surrounded by cow dung and puke all over me and completely sunburnt. My mate had only made it for a few feet and was sleeping under an old truck.

It was fun.

Does anybody actually drink beer because they like it and in moderation? You know, say, like you would normally drink something? I mean, you rarely hear of people binging on a 12 pack of coke, or chugging a gallon of water. So clearly most people drink to get drunk, and not because it's a good beverage. You don't normally take in that much liquid...and I don't care for getting drunk, so I don't bother drinking. Plus all of the beer I've tasted has been shit.

Does anyone smoke because they like the taste of cigarettes?

I like some beers, but clearly some people enjoy the feeling of drinking more than the taste.

I went on holiday to Minorca 3 years ago. One night I went to a restaurant with a mate of mine and started drinking sangria and smoking weed (it's spain, you can do what you fuckin like). After aproximately 6 litres we couldn't even see the guys on the table right in front of us. I don't remember why, we started smashing glasses on the floor and sticking knives on the table. We got kicked out.

We got in the car to drive to a disco but along the way we saw a police car flashing the lights at us. We were so pissed we just started givin em V signs and wiggling the car all around the place until we crashed it into a field. We got out of the car and started running. I collapsed and woke up in the morning surrounded by cow dung and puke all over me and completely sunburnt. My mate had only made it for a few feet and was sleeping under an old truck.

It was fun.

:lol: Good shit right there.

Alright, the famous story.

I got a kid out of deep shit a while back, so he repaid the favor by giving me a bottle of Doers Scotch Whiskey for free. Aged. I decided to get nice and drunk after school, but couldn't find anyone to drink with me. I usually never drink anything BUT hard liquor, so I don't know why I fucked up so bad.

Dewars.

...and yes, It IS the best.

I prefer drinking it on the rocks and at a steady pace.

The slower you drink the better the high.