Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three. Humans are omnivores, deal with it.

superficial...

Agreed with Defiance about how to treat animals before eating them. It's all about the industry standards. But also about the consumer! People eat much more meat then they need. Being a capitalistic society the consumer have to decide to eat much less meat, and also organic!

superficial...

Agreed with Defiance about how to treat animals before eating them. It's all about the industry standards. But also about the consumer! People eat much more meat then they need. Being a capitalistic society the consumer have to decide to eat much less meat, and also organic!

Indeed! The industry;s standards are basically non-existent; it's amazing how (at least in the US) the meat market is controlled by ca. three different companies! You'll have all these diverse types of packages with beef in them, but in reality most of them come from the same place; they just have a different design.

It's also very true that people should eat much less meat! I used to eat meat twice per day, and that obviously wasn't very healthy. And in that way I was supporting a corrupt industry with no standards whatsoever and polluting the planet a lot more than necessary.

Everyone should really watch King Corn and Food Inc., the latter is especially an eye-opener. Now that I'm going to the US in October, I wonder what the fuck I'll eat because I'm sure scared as hell of eating meat there, and I'm not a vegetarian. I'll guess potatoes will have to do :p .

Is it hard to get organic meat in the US, Defiance? I do eat meat. But it must be organic. Most of the time I having a hard time to explain organic meat to people. Why is it so difficult to understand for people. It's really like they don't want to know the truth, which is maybe quite understandable. The truth is just to dark and nasty.

Hehe I was wondering if Andreas eat meat. You know, in the Borknagar diary video some of the members are making a barbecue. Mr. V is there too and he looks like me when my friends are having a barbecue, he seems to don't like it ;)

Is it hard to get organic meat in the US, Defiance? I do eat meat. But it must be organic. Most of the time I having a hard time to explain organic meat to people. Why is it so difficult to understand for people. It's really like they don't want to know the truth, which is maybe quite understandable. The truth is just to dark and nasty.

Hehe I was wondering if Andreas eats meat. You know, in the Borknagar video diary some of the members are making a barbecue. Mr. V is there too and he looks like me when my friends are having a barbecue, he doesn't seem to like it. ;)

I've no idea, to be honest. Simply put, Food Inc. really bloody freaked me out; I'm just thinking of those damn E-coli (Escherichia coli) outbreaks.

I only eat organic food, no pesticides and the likes. Yes, truth is horrible, but one must confront it in order to lead healthier/better lives and make this a better world.

Yeah haha, Andreas doesn't look like much of a meat-eater; I wouldn't be surprised if he's veggie.

(Made some corrections to your post. Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

@defiance: did you use to eat meat twice a day???? :yow:
you should eat it twice a week!!!! :lol:
i hope you changed your feeding. if i'm not wrong meat isn't so good for diabetes. my grandma had it and i remember she had to be careful with meat and she had to eat foods poor in proteins.

grilled meat is gooood! how could you hate barbecues????? :confused:
of course the meat must be good and healthy, but i couldn' t imagine a world without bloody thick tuscan steak! :D

i hope you changed your feeding. if i'm not wrong meat isn't so good for diabetes. my grandma had it and i remember she had to be careful with meat and she had to eat foods poor in proteins.

of course the meat must be good and healthy, but i couldn' t imagine a world without bloody thick tuscan steak! :D

I like to eat meat but not too much, like people do at barbecues, because of the reasons we discussed.

Meat is not bad for diabetes, at least directly. It can cause problems because you'd get fatter, and that in turn will be bad for the diabetes. But directly, no.

Yeah I know, I ate too much meat. I'm talking about red meat, right? I meant that there were days in which I ate cow at lunch and dinner. Speaking of meat in general, I'd say I still eat it twice a day. Some days I don't, but I usually do. And I don't really follow a strict "Costa Rican" diet (I do a strange combination of Canadian and CRn I guess), some people even have pork-chop with rice, beans AND cheese… for breakfast! The diet of the lower-class CRns has a lot of meat, for some reason.

Anyhow, my diabetes is under control; could be better, but I've improved a lot recently :) :) :) .

Meat is not bad for diabetes, at least directly. It can cause problems because you'd get fatter, and that in turn will be bad for the diabetes. But directly, no.

Yeah I know, I ate too much meat. I'm talking about red meat, right? I meant that there were days in which I ate cow at lunch and dinner. Speaking of meat in general, I'd say I still eat it twice a day. Some days I don't, but I usually do. And I don't really follow a strict "Costa Rican" diet (I do a strange combination of Canadian and CRn I guess), some people even have pork-chop with rice, beans AND cheese… for breakfast! The diet of the lower-class CRns has a lot of meat, for some reason.

Anyhow, my diabetes is under control; could be better, but I've improved a lot recently :) :) :) .

i'm probably used to a diverse kind of feeding, but i usually eat meat 2 a week, and i'm speaking of all kinds of meat, red, white and cold cuts.
the mediterrean diet is based mostly on pasta, potatoes, cereals and legumes ( i should say in general on carbohydrates). that's what i eat everyday at lunch.
at dinner i choose between meat ( usually twice a week), cheese (twice a week), eggs (once) and legumes (once, a dish of legumes has the same amount of proteins as a steak of meet, but they are healthies because they are vegetable). and on saturday i usually eat pizza :D

this is more or less the usual mediterranean feeding. this pyramid is a litte bit drastic because advices to eat red meat only one a months :guh:
but it basically reflects the typical mediterranean diet.

http://www.cristinabarbagli.it/mangiar_sano/images/Pyramid-Mediterranean.jpg

about diabetes i'm sure she was adviced to eat the lesser meat she coud, and she had to buy a special pasta and bread which were totally aproteic...

I used to eat A LOT of meat. Since the past year I've been eating less and less in general terms. When before I used to eat at breakfast 2 pieces or bread with cheese, meat, eggs, etx, now I just drink 'skimmed' milk or yoghurt. I'm more into gluten-seitan lately than proper meat, but I do eat it from time to time (like once each 2 weeks, maybe less). Now I'm more into vegetables, fruits, pasta and stuff like that, and I feel really better than before, but I'm not a veggie (and yes, Andreas looks like a veggie or at least someone who eats very light and healthy).

Damn Defiance, so you have diabetes? that really sucks =/, but if you have it under control, I guess you can live - more or less - normally, doesn't?

I used to eat A LOT of meat. Since the past year I've been eating less and less in general terms. When before I used to eat at breakfast 2 pieces or bread with cheese, meat, eggs, etx, now I just drink 'skimmed' milk or yoghurt. I'm more into gluten-seitan lately than proper meat, but I do eat it from time to time (like once each 2 weeks, maybe less). Now I'm more into vegetables, fruits, pasta and stuff like that, and I feel really better than before, but I'm not a veggie (and yes, Andreas looks like a veggie or at least someone who eats very light and healthy).

Damn Defiance, so you have diabetes? that really sucks =/, but if you have it under control, I guess you can live - more or less - normally, doesn't?

Good for you, I wish I could eat less meat. But hey, I stopped going to McDonald's (so can you), so I guess anything's possible.

Yeah, it's horrible. No, I can never live normally. I have strict meals (i.e. I have to eat more less the same things at the same time), and have lots of problems when I go to gigs. For example, when I went to the Ozric one last Saturday, my sugar went to 400 something (which was weird actually), so I injected myself some insulin, but by 2:45 the gig hadn't finished and I really didn't have a proper meal, so my sugar went to 43. When I got home, I kind of panicked so I ate too much, and hence woke up with a lovely 327 (note: Normal glucose for non-diabetics should be 70-120), and it's been really hard to control it since then. I woke up with a 320 today, which is horrible, and even worse because I thought I had eaten properly yesterday. Apparently not. Anyhow, it's such a fucking ordeal going to gigs, and I hate that because I love going to concerts. And my life span is shorter, so I'll probably die when I'm 65 or something. Sad, sad, sad, sad, sad, sad.

is your diabetes born from a bad feeding or is it genetic?

my dad was diabetic and my brother is.
i can be at risk, but for now my conditions are perfect :)plays the devil's horns:, you know the metal gesture with horns that dio used for the first time is a scaramantic italian gesture :lol:) . i'm fucking scared because i consume tons of sugar :( i mean, i hate drinks without sugar (for example coffe or milk) i hate sweteners's taste, they destroy and change the taste of everything i've tried with them, and i hate every kind of sugarfree drinks (like sugarless cocacola or sprite ). so if i get ill it will be a drama for me! :(

but i've noticed i have the tendency to have quite low sugar levels, i usually have 55-60 at morning before eating and 80-90 after meals, so i hope this tendency will not change :confused:
it looks like my body manages to digest all the sugar i give him for now.
i feel very embarassed but i can use something like 8-10 teaspoons of sugar per day, i put them in milk in the morning and diverse coffees or teas i drink during the day (then you have to add the sugar in other kinds of drink i buy at the supermarket and the one contained in foods like fruit or carbohydrates) that's a lot of sugar!!!!! :lol:

I'm sorry for this, but I read something SOO SHOCKING that I can't believe it yet!

Official statement of Schwadorf:

"Since the rumours start to spread we think it's about time to make this official: Empyrium is alive again! Our first new sign of life will be the song "The Days Before The Fall" on the Prophecy Prod. compilation "Whom The Moon A Nightsong Sings" but we have plans for more! The spirit is back and it really feels right to us to start writing songs with Empyrium again. We are not in a rush though so don't expect a full length today or tomorrow but we have the patience and faith to make this new songs outstanding and unique. Just as Empyrium ever was...."

I'm sorry for this, but I read something SOO SHOCKING that I can't believe it yet!

"Since the rumours start to spread we think it's about time to make this official: Empyrium is alive again! Our first new sign of life will be the song "The Days Before The Fall" on the Prophecy Prod. compilation "Whom The Moon A Nightsong Sings" but we have plans for more! The spirit is back and it really feels right to us to start writing songs with Empyrium again. We are not in a rush though so don't expect a full length today or tomorrow but we have the patience and faith to make this new songs outstanding and unique. Just as Empyrium ever was...."

Yea! I have Prophecy on Facebook and I already knew this some days ago. Great news indeed!

As you'd say, OH MEIN CTHULHU!!!!!!!

This is wonderful news, Empyrium is baaaaaaaaaack!!!!! :worship::D

An Obituary printed in the London Times - Interesting and sadly rather true

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:
- Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
- Why the early bird gets the worm;
- Life isn't always fair;
- and Maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers;
I Know My Rights
I Want It Now
Someone Else Is To Blame
I'm A Victim

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.