Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

The hits just keep on coming, first I read the news about the cancellation of the South American tour, and now I've also found out that Red Harvest has officially split up! :'(
I really like the idea Defiance proposed in the official thread, they might as well use that period of time to tour another part of the world, with some more reliable tour managers. It's been over 11 years since Borknagar played North America. I realize it's going to be far more complex than just that to really work something out but it would be great if they gave it a shot.

The hits just keep on coming, first I read the news about the cancellation of the South American tour, and now I've also found out that Red Harvest has officially split up! :'(
I really like the idea Defiance proposed in the official thread, they might as well use that period of time to tour another part of the world, with some more reliable tour managers. It's been over 11 years since Borknagar played North America. I realize it's going to be far more complex than just that to really work something out but it would be great if they gave it a shot.

Oh I haven't heard Red Harvest that much, but that's a bummer, they're a great band.

I'm glad someone reads my posts hahahaha :p . I just hope the band reads them, since I think it's actually quite a realistic goal. Do quote me on the thread so the band sees that there's interest on a NA tour ;) .

Even if I hate Behemoth with all my heart (due to their fascist/Nazi imagery), it's sad that he has that.

I'm sad that Nergal has Leukemia as well.

Also, I'm not familiar with Behemoth at all, so what Fascist/Nazi imagery do they have? I've never heard of this before.

let us speak about something sillier and frivolous.
two days ago dimmu borgir annouced officially their new bassist, snowy shawn (ex kind diamond, mercyful fate and therion), with all right chrisms, grim photos and stuff, and then yesterday a new announce was made about the fact that snowy would leave dimmu for rejoin therion.
pretty comic, isn't it? :lol: i really wonder what truly happened o_O

Dimmu is like the new Metallica or Anthrax. I wonder if Snowy (Lol) recorded something for the new album (I hear some male clean vocals at the end of Gayteways anyway).

http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/08/25/dimmu-drama-gets-sillier-snowy-shaw-is-out/

EDIT: Dimmu is a 3 piece band now... Hilarious!!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bl...h.net's+Daily+Headlines)&utm_content=FaceBook

i think i've read somewhere (don't remember where exactly) that he did perform the bass in the album.... don't know anything about vocal duties

Dimmu is simply a musical commodity, just like a pop band. Their music is irrelevant to the genre in terms of its development. They have their place as an easy listening introduction to younger metalheads or people just getting into metal. That's about it.

ahahahah brilliant!!!! i almost died laughting....just use your sick immagination!!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings!
I will use this as a sort of introduction. I'm Denisa...been on UM for some time but never got to post in here. Now I did.

Welcome to the forum, Denisa! hope to see you around very often.

@Defiance: I already knew about Rhapsody, but thanx anyway. I need to check if I'll be able to afford Rhapsody, Rush and Rotting Christ gigs, considering that I'm now living on Santiago and the life here is really expensive compared with Valparaíso, my hometown. I need a better job, cause right now I can barely pay what it takes to survive.

About the Dimmu stuff, the video for Gateways is here, with Snowy:

Last edited by a moderator:
i've finally bought universal!!! yeahhhh!!!! :)
i waited a little bit to see if i could find the box without ordering it but i wasn't able, so finally, i decided to buy the digipack.
but it's a shame that loci and coalition are not included in the digi-version. i totally love both songs and they deserve to be in every fucking edition!!!

Greetings!
I will use this as a sort of introduction. I'm Denisa...been on UM for some time but never got to post in here. Now I did.

Welcome to the forum!!! You'll find out that we're the forum that goes off-topic most often (thanks to me and Lefay) on the web, and the only one that doesn't need a mod!

Welcome to the forum, Denisa! hope to see you around very often.

@Defiance: I already knew about Rhapsody, but thanx anyway. I need to check if I'll be able to afford Rhapsody, Rush and Rotting Christ gigs, considering that I'm now living on Santiago and the life here is really expensive compared with Valparaíso, my hometown. I need a better job, cause right now I can barely pay what it takes to survive.

About the Dimmu stuff, the video for Gateways is here, with Snowy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfinyFb3TYM

You know what? Fuck you. Chileans get all the gigs, dammit :p . Ahh you're so lucky to be able to see Rush!!!! I'm so jealous, I really want to see them someday. I hope you get a better job soon, so you can go to all those magnificent concerts! If I were to prioritise I'd go to Rush, of course.

i've finally bought universal!!! yeahhhh!!!! :)
i waited a little bit to see if i could find the box without ordering it but i wasn't able, so finally, i decided to buy the digipack.
but it's a shame that loci and coalition are not included in the digi-version. i totally love both songs and they deserve to be in every fucking edition!!!

Till now? Bad girl, bad girl *spanks*. The box is really nice, totally worth it. I suggest selling the digi and getting the box :) .

Till now? Bad girl, bad girl *spanks*. The box is really nice, totally worth it. I suggest selling the digi and getting the box :) .

yes, only now
timid.gif

it was on the shelves of a big cd/dvd/elettronics store, it was screaming loud "buy me!!!", the price was quite ok and it was the first digi-copy i saw in stores, so i let him persuade me :)

if i find the box i will buy it for sure (without selling the other :))
you know i'm not into e-commerce that much...i use it as last resource! :p

Well, I didn't like the box that much hehehe, in retrospective I had to buy the Digi-pack. The necklace and patch weren't worth so much extra money, the bonus-cd featured the video's from YouTube and the mp3 version of the album. Talking about the MP3's. To be honest I had the MP3 album months before the album was released. One of the band-members visited a pub in Holland running by friend of mine. He gave the visitors the opportunity to listen to the new songs. But I couldn't be there so a friend of mine put the tracks on his mp3-player for me! The band-member didn't know this hehehe! :) But I respect the band and gave the tracks to nobody so the album didn't leak.

I agree that both bonus track should be on the album too, for me it's really illogical these tracks are bonus-tracks. It's not that these tracks sounds too much different from the other tracks that the cohesion of the album is in danger. I think it was decided to do this because of commercial reasons. Also the clean production (especially for a band like Borknagar) sounds for me like a step in the the direction of the commerce. I like the songs but the production and some the things I mentioned that are coming with this album, makes this for me the less interesting album of Borknagar.

Well, I didn't like the box that much hehehe, in retrospective I had to buy the Digi-pack. The necklace and patch weren't worth so much extra money, the bonus-cd featured the video's from YouTube and the mp3 version of the album. Talking about the MP3's. To be honest I had the MP3 album months before the album was released. One of the band-members visited a pub in Holland running by friend of mine. He gave the visitors the opportunity to listen to the new songs. But I couldn't be there so a friend of mine put the tracks on his mp3-player for me! The band-member didn't know this hehehe! :) But I respect the band and gave the tracks to nobody so the album didn't leak.

I agree that both bonus track should be on the album too, for me it's really illogical these tracks are bonus-tracks. It's not that these tracks sounds too much different from the other tracks that the cohesion of the album is in danger. I think it was decided to do this because of commercial reasons. Also the clean production (especially for a band like Borknagar) sounds for me like a step in the the direction of the commerce. I like the songs but the production and some the things I mentioned that are coming with this album, makes this for me the less interesting album of Borknagar.

i understand what you mean. i'm not a big fan of extra deluxe editions, what i care mostly is music. so if i would buy the box it's only for the bonus tracks and not for gadgets. if i have to be honest i find myself a little bit unconfortable with big boxes , i don't know where to put them, i cannot put them on dedicated cd-shelves because they are too big and this disturbs me a little bit. they take too much space, and need extra attentions... i usually prefer a classic digipack to boxes. i always choose digipack if i can choose between a slipcase and a digi.

regarding bonus track i'm very sorry that coalition isn't included because i like it! now i'm gonna say something eretical but for me my domain should be the bonus track (together with loci) . it's not a part of the album as coalition. it should be a sort of reward for dying hard fans who buy the box, and in my opinion, not have a space in the official version, stealing coalitions' place.
i like the song, don't get me wrong, i think it's very epic and beautiful, but i think it clashes with the album mood, and belongs to another era.

Greetings!

Welcome to our un-moderated joy-fest! You'll find your stay enjoyable, however slightly off-topic at times and random.

I blame Defiance.:p